Chapter 43- Stan

Something was wrong. I could tell just by looking at her reaction to whatever the note said.

"Caci? What's wrong?" I asked.

She snapped her head up to look at me. "Nothing." She replied.

"Bulls**t." I exclaimed. I motioned to the note still sitting on her desk. "What does that say?"

She slammed her binder closed before I had a chance to see it. "I told you nothing, okay? I doesn't matter."

"Yeah, whatever." I turned back to my own desk, deciding not to press her any further about the matter for now.

"Stan?" She called my name, a hint of terror behind it.

"What?" I asked, looking over at her.

With a shaking hand, she pointed toward my desk. "You have one too."

I looked down. She was right. A sealed envelope was directly on top of all of my papers. I picked it up and flipped it over. The red wax seal on the back was similar to the one on Caci's.

I tore it open. In neat calligraphy, there were four haunting words.

 In neat calligraphy, there were four haunting words

"What does it say?" Caci asked.

I  looked back at her. "So you expect me to tell you what mine says but you won't tell me what about yours?"

Caci sighed, and scanned the room for our teacher. "She's at her desk on her phone as usual." She turned back to me. "Fine." She grabbed her note and held it flipped over so I couldn't read it yet. "We'll flip them over at the same time."

I held my note in my hands and nodded. "On my count?"

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Stan."

"Okay then. Three." I said and flipped my card over. She rolled her eyes but did the same. Your accident was far from an accident. I would know. In fact, I'm the one who caused it - T

"What's in three weeks?" She asked, referring to my note.

I looked at the calendar on the back of my binder. "Exactly three weeks from today is Christmas."

"Christmas?"

"Yeah." I replied. I looked at each note again. "Do you think these are connected?"

She rolled her eyes. "They're written in the same calligraphy style hand writing, Stan. There's no way that's just a coincidence.

"Yours is signed with a T though."

"So? We got them at almost the same time."