Epilogue

Caci

     "What are you talking about, Mika? I just got you back. I'm not going to lose you again. Can't you just do me this one tiny favor and stay alive?"

     "I can't."

     "Wrong answer."

     It's been two months since the Damien incident, three more until the end of our junior year. Things between me and Kyle have, for the most part, gone back to normal. There is still the occasional awkwardness though. That being said, I'll take that over not being with him at all in a heartbeat. 

     We've actually been the slowest to smooth things out. Stan and Chasiti bounced back fairly quickly. Kade and Craig were... Kade and Craig. They hadn't been dating at the time, so they didn't have nearly as much to rebuild. They finally started dating a month ago. I'm definitely happy for them. They're disgustingly cute, but I guess the same could be said about any of us. Whenever he's around Kade, Craig seems to actually show emotion. Shocking, right? He's been coming by the apartment a lot recently, but we haven't spoken much. 

     My phone started ringing. I learned forward to grab it off the table. It was from a number I didn't recognize.

     "Who is it?" Kyle asked.

     "I don't know. Give me just a second." I said, getting up from the couch. 

     "Wait, you asked me to watch this Seraph of the something show with you! Do you want me to pause it?"

     "Just keep it going. I've already seen it anyway." I stepped into the kitchen, but I peeked my head out of the doorway for one last thing. "Of the End."

     "What?"

     "It's Seraph of the End."

     "Oh."

    I swiped over the button to answer the call and took a seat at the kitchen table. "Hello?"

     "Hi, is this Caci?"

     "Speaking."

     "Good, do you happen to remember a guy you met on a flight into Denver a few months ago?"

     Flight into Denver? Wait, blonde guy with glasses? I don't remember his name, unfortunately.

     "Yeah, actually."

     "I'm that guy." This was the guy that said he might be able to help our band out.

     "Sorry, but I forgot your name. It's been a while."

     "No worries. It's Luke. I was calling to ask you if you and your friends would like to be the opening act for my band on our next tour."

     I think my brain just short-circuited. This guy is offering- WHAT??

     "Still there?"

     "Yeah, sorry."

     "Obviously we'll have to talk to your manager to set things up-"

     "Hold on. I'm sorry for interrupting, but are you being serious?

     "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

     I leaned forward, resting my elbows on the table. "I just- Wow." Chalk that up as one of the dumbest things I've ever said.

     Luke laughed, "I'll give you some time to think about it. You have my number now. Just give me a call when you guys decide."

     "Okay, I will."

     "I hope to hear from you soon! Bye."

     "Bye." His side of the line clicked off. I sat there for another ten seconds, staring straight ahead before I finally moved the phone from my ear to turn it off.

     Did that really just happen? I have to be dreaming. There's no way. Right?

     Sitting here and staring at the microwave wasn't going to get me anywhere. I forced myself to get up and head back into the living room. 

     "Welcome back, Mika."

     I slid back into my original spot next to Kyle. He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer to him. "I still don't get why you asked me to watch this with you. I know we're almost done with season two, but I'm still confused. So is he a full vampire now or-"

     "It's fine. We can turn it off if you want." I doubted I'd be able to focus anyway. How am I going to tell the others?!

     "No, it's fine. I have to see how it ends." He glanced down at the phone that was still in my hand. "Oh yeah, who was it?"

     "A guy I met on the plane ride headed to Denver back in September."

     He raised an eyebrow. "Okay, what did he want?"

     "He asked me if we want to go on tour with them."

*****

AN: That the end of book one guys! I'd like to thank everyone who read this. I love you so much!

     It's been a three year journey writing this book, and I can't believe it's finally finished. I've enjoyed writing this so much. That being said, I will be going back and editing some of the earlier chapters of this story, but I will be keeping the majority of the story the same. 

     I'd also like to announce that I'll be posting the first chapter of the second book of this series on July 18th, which is Wednesday of next week. After that, the story will have weekly updates. Weekly updates, what?? Yep. I'm going to try my hardest to keep up with a weekly schedule. I chose Wednesdays because its the same that new episodes of South Park air... whenever the new season starts. I thought it was kind of fitting. 

     Anyway, this author's note is getting way to long. Again, thank you so much for reading! I love you and I'll see you on the 18th!