Chapter 40- Caci and Kenny

Caci's POV

     "I appreciate you coming with us Kenny, but you really didn't have to." I said to him as my friends and I walked up to him standing in front of their hotel.

     He wrapped his arms around me in a hug. "I felt bad for not seeing you when you woke up because I went to the cafeteria with the Broflovskis for food, and I'm under strict orders by both your boyfriend and Stan to make sure you don't do anything stupid."

     I smiled squeezing him back with my one arm. "I'm not going to do anything stupid, I swear."

     I could tell Chasiti was rolling her eyes when she spoke, "Don't believe a word she says. She already tried to carry her backpack she took to New York."

     I let go of Kenny and turned to face her. "Of course I wanted to carry it! It's my bag!"

     Chasiti laughed, "Yeah? Well guess who's carrying it now." She flicked the straps of my bag that was on her back to prove her point.

     I rolled my eyes. "Only because you all panicked when I put it on and said it hurt a little."

     I turned back to Kenny. "Look at them." I said pointing to them. "Chasiti's carrying my bag, Jon's got my suitcase, and Kade's got my medicine which is in a paper bag for God's sake!"

     Kade laughed, "We aren't allowing you to carry anything for at least a week."

     I huffed, "I'm surprised none of you tried to carry ME."

     Kenny laughed and put a hand on my shoulder. "They're just looking out for you squish." His arm moved down to around my waist and I was just about to ask what the heck he was doing when he began to speak again. "Speaking of carrying." In less than two seconds, I was up in the air and in Kenny's arms bridal style.

     I punched him square in the chest with my good hand. "This isn't necessary."

     His only response was to laugh and carry me inside the hotel and to the elevators. "Yes it is."

     Kade pressed the button for the elevator to take us up. I looked at Kenny. "You can put me down now."

     He laughed, "I mean... I could but I prefer being a pain in the a**."

     I rolled my eyes, "Clearly."

     The elevator opened and we all piled in, riding up to the eighth floor. We approached a room. Chasiti took out a room key and let us in. Kenny finally set me down on one of the beds. I immediately stood up only to be gently pushed back own by Chasiti "The doctor said you shouldn't be up and moving around today. You were on anesthesia."

     "So?" I asked, trying to stand up again. Chasiti pushed me back own again gently and sat next to me. "I've been on anesthesia before."

     "I know you have, but I'm just trying to look out for you."

     "We all are." Kade exclaimed.

     I sighed, "I understand that, but that doesn't mean you have to hover around me 24/7."

     "Look what I just found!" Kenny exclaimed. "We can all sign your cast now!" He held up a Sharpie before tossing it to Chasiti. A nurse had put a hard shell cast over my original bandages. I went with a purple one as it was my favorite color.

     "Do you mind if we sign it?" Chasiti asked.

     "Of course not." I moved my left arm into her open hand so she could sign it.