Chapter 37- Kyle and Caci

Kyle's POV

Saturday Morning, 2 AM

     "Remind me why I agreed to come with you." Caci exclaimed as she trudged down the stairs behind me.

    "I don't even know why you agreed, honestly." I replied.

   "Ugh." She groaned. "I should have said no. I did not sign up to be up at two in the morning to drive for ten hours to go to New York."

    "Actually, you did." I laughed. I reached the bottom floor and turned around to look at her. She was gripping the hand rail for dear life as she dragged herself down the stairs, half asleep.

    "I look like trash." She complained as she collapsed against my chest when she got close enough.

     I couldn't help but laugh at her. She was acting so cute. "You look fine." I consoled her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and lifted her off the last stair before setting her back down. "You really can't complain. I had to sleep on the couch."

    She looked up at me. "Your bed was really soft. I think it's hilarious your mom made you give up your bed. I said I would be fine with the couch so many times."

     "I offered to take the couch anyway, but I don't really see a problem with us sharing the bed. We weren't going to do anything."

    "She's just paranoid. Besides, you're still a teenage boy. You have hormones and stuff."

    "You mean a peni..." I started.

    "Don't say it!" She yelled, burying her face in my chest.

   "Okay fine, I won't." I laughed.

   "Come on, lovebirds. Your chariot awaits!" Ike called from outside.

  "Coming!" I exclaimed. I turned to my girlfriend pretending to be asleep against me. "Come on goofball, I know you aren't asleep."

     "But I'm tired!!" She whined.

    "Okay then." I shrugged. I used all the strength I had to pick her up and throw her over my shoulder. She was literally lighter than a feather.

     "NO! PUT ME DOWN!!!!" She screamed as I started to walk out the door.

     "Then get up you goofball." I chuckled.

    "I am up!!" She said.

    "Up in the air." I laughed.

    "I hate you." She exclaimed. "You know I don't like being picked up and carried around like a rag-doll."

     I set her back down on her feet. She punched me in the shoulder. "Oww... this one's violent, Mom." I said as I rubbed my shoulder.

   "Now who's being the baby, Kyle?" She asked. "You look cute, Caci." She said to my girlfriend.

   "Really?" Caci asked, looking down at her outfit. "I didn't really try that hard this morning."

   "I think you look adorable." I complimented. She went really simple with a pullover that was fitting for how early it was, black leggings, and boots. I think she was wearing natural makeup if anything but that's not really my thing.

   She huffed, "I don't like you though."

  I leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. "You know I was messing with you."

"It's to early to be messing around." She said as she walked around the back of the car and climbed in. I opened my side of the car and slid in.

    "You sure you're okay sitting back there alone, bud." My dad asked Ike who was by himself in the back seat.