Chapter 63- Kenny and Kyle

Kenny

    Second story, right hallway, third room on the left. Second story, right hallway, third room on the left. I'd been chanting the directions to Satan's throne room out loud since I'd started climbing the stairs up to the second floor.

     There's no telling if Pip will be able to hold Damien off for long enough. I'm really hoping he can though. I don't really know much about the guy, but he's willing to sacrifice his relationship to save all of us. It sucks that we used to be so awful to him in elementary school. I don't even think any of us went to his funeral.

     I finally finished climbing the stairs, throwing the doors open in front of me. I sprinted down the hallway on the right, stopping at my destination. The door was closed. Should I knock? This doesn't seem like the kind of situation where it's necessary. I grabbed the door handle and yanked the door open.

     "Satan, we need you!"

     The king of darkness himself looked up from the book he was reading. "It's been a while, Kenny. Good to see you."

     "Yeah, nice to see you too and all that, but we have an emergency!"

     "We do?"

     "Yeah, Damien's been holding my friends hostage here and now he's threatening to destroy the town."

     "He's been holding your friends hostage?"

     "Yeah, he had me stuck here for three months a little while ago."

     "I'm impressed he managed to sneak past me. If he's attempting to destroy South Park, I assume you know-"

     "About all of us being fictional?" I sighed, "Yeah, I do."

     "It was only a matter of time before this happened, though I never thought he'd try and completely destroy my work. He has always resented me, even after I allowed him to bring his boyfriend here." 

     "Destroy your work?"

     He shrugged, "God and I made a deal. A no attack pact, basically. We agreed to not lay siege to the other's kingdom, and I was allowed to bring the town of South Park to life."

     So Satan is the reason we're all alive. We owe him way more than I ever realized. "What does have to do with Damien?"

     "Damien has hated me since the moment he was born. Destroying your town is his own personal way of sticking it to me and giving retribution to his boyfriend." He stood up from his throne, dusting off his pants. "I suppose we should go stop him before he gets his way."

     "Yeah, I just have one more question though."

     "Go ahead."

     "What did you mean by allowing Damien to bring Pip here?"

     "Pip was a good kid when he was alive, Kenny. You should know that much."

     "I do-"

     "As the only friend my son made during his brief stay on Earth, Pip meant a lot to him. They weren't in a romantic relationship at the time, but Damien still cared for him immensely. He begged me to allow Pip to live here, which I could not allow unless Pip agreed on his own accord. He sacrificed staying in heaven for my son."

     "So Pip really wasn't kidding when he said he gave up heaven for Damien."

     "No, he wasn't." He laid a hand on my shoulder. "We should get going if we want to stop him in time."