Illuminated - Chapter 11

"So what are we going to do?" Harry muttered, his back stiff and his body still moist by the cold sweat running down his spine. "We are possibly going to be expelled."

Draco pulled his tie, trying to loosen it, and swiftly opened the top two buttons of his blouse in fear of suffocation. His steps were quick and measured – as if he didn't want to be seen by any of his classmates. Or worse. As if he didn't want to see himself – afraid for his own shadow that followed.

"I want you to leave me alone," Draco gasped as his blonde hair stuck against his sweaty forehead. "Go!"

Harry lowered his pass, slowly nearing a stand, and frowned his brows by utter confusion. "Just tell me what you want from me, Malfoy. School has only just started, and you decided to contact me."

"I want you to go!" he shouted – his breath irregular. "My father is going to kill me," his voice betrayed his worries. He was scared. If his father found out about this, not only Harry would be dangling on a string, but Draco too. How disgraceful it was to come out defenseless – a shame for his family. His bloodline.

"Leave!"

Draco's voice had never been so dark and raw before. As if he was changing. Taking a whole other form. Harry stumbled on his feet, his chest heavy and his lungs cramping. Why the sudden distance now they seemed to feed on each other's shame? Wasn't this what they were aiming for? Nutrition for their desperate and lost souls? Harry gritted his teeth, shaking his head as he turned his back on him, and scoffed.

"You won't get far, pal. You are ruining yourself."

Draco pressed his lips into a sour line, as if he was in true pain, and ripped his eyes off him. "It was an experiment," he spilled, his voice shaky – barely fed with confidence, yet a cry of laughter escaped his throat. "And as I thought..."

Harry glanced over his shoulder, his jaws clenched – his lips slightly pursed.

"You are ready to do anything if just for a little bit of attention, or appreciation. Even from me. No matter how fucking queer the requirements." Draco brushed his thumb along his lower lip, almost as if he relived their first encounter – tasting Harry's blood on his tongue. Harry decided to make his way to wherever his safe haven could be, and snorted – trying his best to run away from his own fears.

"I see you," Draco muttered, his voice low. Scary, how his voice managed to haunt him through the halls, no matter how fast he walked.

"Sooner or later the others will too..."