Chapter 53 - Selflessness

After Harry took a couple of hours of self-therapy (which meant crying on his own in his dorms while skipping class) he gathered the guts to have a talk with the headmaster. He had a couple of questions containing one crucial. What happened to Draco Malfoy? After half an hour roaming he decided to have a belated tea party with his pity self. When professor Dumbledore wasn't in his office he could be absolutely everywhere. That man could walk through walls - and not just because he was a powerful wizard. Harry fumbled the corners of the Quibbler he'd been trying to read for the last fifteen minutes. Luna had been encouraging him to read the article about Wrackspurts and even offered him a free copy. He couldn't decline. Luna was a generous and good person. Totally suited her name.

After an article about broom grooming he looked up from the magazine, an exhale left his mouth. Was he really going to bring this up? Breaking bones all over again, getting into trouble? He stopped questioning as soon as he saw a familiar robe drawing through the hall. He quickly put away his cup of tea and fastened his tie as he hopped on his feet - rushing towards the gate.

"Professor Dumbledore?" Harry called as he turned up his speed. "Professor?" He called once more, wiggling between the students that ruined his sight - as if a force didn't want them to catch up. "Professor! Professor Dumbledore!?" Harry was no longer walking. Right now he was running - pushing people to the sides as he watched Dumbledore vanish around the corner. "Professor, Wait!"

At that very moment Harry tripped - losing his glasses, his view turning black. For a couple of seconds it felt like he could no longer breathe. His ears were deafened. He drew his hands along the floor, reaching for his glasses - gasping in panic as soon as he found them, realizing something took a hold of him.

He got swept off the floor, his robes nearly choking him as he got tugged along. He could not see the person taking him hostage. Someone tugged him backwards through a deserted corridor while Harry tried to put his glasses back on. "Fuck-" Harry screeched - grabbing the hems of his collar, trying to gasp for air. Suddenly he landed on his bottom - his glasses dropping down his nose having him to shove them back up again. "What the actual-"

"-Mister Potter."

Harry gulped and dropped his head as he sighed. "Professor Snape," he replied - not to greet but to state.

"Why the rush?" Snape never asked for an answer. No. He demanded it.

"What's with the kidnapping?" Harry snapped back as he got up from his feet. He brushed the dirt off his knees and tugged his robes back into place. "You nearly got me killed."

Snape did not reply. He simply stood there for a couple of seconds until he turned away - folding the edges of his sleeves as a part of grooming.

"No running allowed inside the premises"

"And it bothers you why? Harry snapped back as he tried to make his way back to the great hall.

"Because it does," Snape continued sharply - grabbing Harry's wrist to prevent him from leaving. "I always-"

"Stop it!" Harry yanked his hand away - drawing his wand as he took his position. "I want answers. From you, from Professor Dumbledore..." Harry drew a breath - his eyes glistening with pain and adrenaline. "I don't think I deserve this."

Snape allowed him to finish speaking, yet disarmed him with a spell once the last vowel left his mouth. "How dare you to raise your wand at me." Strange, how even now the tune of his voice barely changed. Ever so slow, ever so waspish.

Harry stepped back, his eyes fixated on his wand laying at least a few meters away from him.

"After everything I've done for you. I could have gotten you expel-"

"Stop the selflessness," Harry cried as he grabbed his head. "You don't understand."

Snape pulled a face of disapproval and disgust, turning away to leave.

"Tell me about Draco," Harry sighed as he dropped his attitude. He swallowed, hoping to make the following more easy to say, yet his voice was broken.

"Please..."