Chapter 7

The guys seemed to have fun because they laughed teasing each other dancing and trying their hardest to impress some "hot girls" as they called them. I on the other hand tried my hardest to focus on the conversation that I had with one of my classmates that was interested in my drawings. I didn't pay much attention to her. I was staring the whole time at Gareth who seemed to stare back at me making me extremelly nervous and also making me blush. He didn't seem to listen to what guys were talking about just staring at me which was annoying and made me feel uncomfortable. He was drinking something I couldn't see because of the distance between us. Finally my classmate proposed to order something to drink and we headed towards the bar where the guys were. She ordered two vodkas as I continued staring at Gareth. He smiled politely at me and I could hear my heart beat.
- Here you are.
Barman said.
- Thanks.
Sara replied.
- Hey girls why don't you join us ?
Sergio yelled looking mostly at me.
I went to sit to a chair next to Sergio where I had the perfect view to stare at Gareth. He must have thought that I am a psycho. Sergio started chatting with Sara and the other guys joined the conversation but I couldn't. I was staring at Gareth again. I tried not to but my eyes were searching for him. The weird fact was that he didn't seem to bother at all. He was actually staring back at me in a really strange way. Unfortunally Sergio noticed the eye contact we made and tried to sabotage like he always did.
- Are you guys flirting ?
He asked and everybody burst out laughing. I blushed but I ignored him. Sergio was always trying to be the center of attention. Gareth spoke with his perfectly English accent.
- No we are just chatting with our eyes.
Everybody laughed again and I felt like an idiot. So all this time Gareth was just making fun of me. Suddenly I felt like I wanted to go to the bathroom.
- Excuse me.
I said and headed towards the bathroom. I felt dizzy.
《It must be the vodka 》
I thought to myself. A couple was blocking the entrance of the bathroom. I came closer and I recognized Ellen making out with Akon.
- Excuse us .. oh Jane is everything alright ?
Ellen asked being pretty worried.
- Yeah everything's fine. Don't bother.
I said as I noticed Akon giving me the death stare most probably because I interrupted them.
- No way Jane it seems like you have been drunk although you're not right ?
Ellen asked not really sure about the answer.
- I'm fine Ellen I just want to go to the bathroom.
- I'll come with you.
Ellen said hastily.
- Ellen...
Akon said trying to pull her closer to him.
- Neither the right place nor time Akon.
Ellen replied pulling me in the bathroom.