Chapter 68

Ellen wasn't talking the whole way to my house. I was looking at her trying to understand what she was thinking but it was impossible. She tried to seem focused while driving. Well she was doing a great job......
- Aren't you going to say something ?
I finally asked her.
- What do you want me to say ?
She asked.
- I don't know. Something like what kind of best friends are we if you don't trust me ?
I asked trying to ask the same thing she had asked me in the morning. She didn't respond.
When we arrived at my house and she parked outside it she finally started talking.
- I don't want us to be like that Jane. Shit happens every time we fight.
- I know that.
- I won't insist on telling me anything. When you want you'll tell me. I'm sure about it. Besides I don't think that what happened was that serious.....
She said looking at me trying to understand more from my expression.
- It wasn't....
I replied looking outside the window.
- Do you want me to drive you to the airport tomorrow ?
She asked her eyes on mine.
- No. Dad will.
I replied sounded like a little girl.
- Fine. I hope you'll have the time of your life in France.
- Thanks.
I said smiling.
- Safe flight Jane.
She said hugging me.
- I'll miss you.
She said smiling.
- Will you ?
I asked.
- Do you have doubts ?
She asked sounded offended.
- Of course not.
I said smiling.

It wasn't that late. I decided not to go to my classes tomorrow. I wanted to prepare last few things and be in time to the airport for my flight. I was so excited. I have so much missed Gareth! I couldn't wait to see his face when he would saw me.
Dad gave me a drive to the airport and for the first time in his life he didn't start talking about himself and about how would he spend the days in France if he was me.
- Thanks for the drive.
I said to him while taking my luggage.
- Safe trip Jane.
He said kissing my forehead.
- Thanks.
I replied smiling.
- And in the moment you arrive you'll call me....
- Dad....
- I'm just kidding. But make sure you'll call me. Do you want me to worry ?
- Of course not dad.
He smiled.
- Good. Bye.
He said kissing my forehead once more.

I was checking my social media the whole flight. I really was excited. I just couldn't stop thinking about me screaming in the field with the Welsh crowd..... me wearing Gareth's jersey..... I just couldn't wait.
When we finally arrived I got straight into my hotel. I took a shower and laid down my bed. Now I was thinking how to surprise Gareth. Well I could call him and ask him in which hotel was he so that I could just appear there..... no better I could go to Eiffel Tower and tell him look where am I..... or I could wait till tomorrow night that they had the match and appear in the stadium in front of him surprising him like that. But I really couldn't wait till tomorrow and besides I wanted him to be focused at the match which may wouldn't be possible if I surprised him like that......
And there was he. He was calling me in Skype.... Well I should answer......
- Hi Gareth baby.
- Hi. Why so excited ?
- I can't wait to see the match tomorrow.
I responded not knowing what else to say.
- Sure it's a difficult match.
He said sounded anxious.
- You'll win. I'm sure about it.
I said hoping to encourage him and cheer him a little bit up.
- I hope so. If only you were here Jane.
I didn't respond. What should I tell him ?
- I....
And then someone knocked at my door.
- Someone's knocking at your door.
Gareth said. Then he tried to see clearer.
- Where are you Jane ?
He asked because he clearly didn't recognize my bedroom.
- I I've got to hang up.
I said and I hanged up before he could say anything else.
I opened the door. A young man was standing there. He was wearing the hotel's uniform.
- I came to clean in here.
- Sure.

I slept late that night. I tried to plan tomorrow's day. I have decided to meet Gareth in the stadium. And before that I wouldn't even call him. It was evil but I had to do it in order to make my surprise perfect.
My ticket was one close to the pitch which simply meant he could be able to see me and so will I. But I would see him anyway. I was so excited. I have manage to make it till there without something going wrong. I hope everything will be fine.... for one's....