Chapter 24

I finally found the right way to ask Gareth on a date. I know that he is supposed to ask me on a date but right now he doesn't even talk to me. He had practise today and I decided to drop by. I waited silently till they finished I couldn't go earlier I had classes. I heard them coming out of the changing room. Suddenly I became super shy but it wasn't the right time now for me to be shy.
- Hi.
I said appearing in front of him.
- Jane hi...
He said looking me surprised. It's obvious that he didn't expect me to come here.
- Can I talk to you ?
I said feeling awkward since the other players were staring at us.
- Sure. I'll see you later guys.
He waved at them and walked next to me.
- What's so important ?
He said smiling. I think he liked the fact that I approached him.
- Nothing I just wanted to ask you if you have plans for tomorrow night.
- Not really why ?
- How about joining me at the movies ?
I heard there are some really good options.
- Jane Smith....
He said seriously.
- You came here just to ask me if I want to go to the movies with you....
- Well yes....
I said being afraid of his answer. He will turn me down for sure.
- You could have call me as well I mean.
He said smiling politely at me.
- Of course I'll come.
- Uhm okay that sounds great.
I said feeling super excited.
- Well unless you want to keep that a secret.
He said.
- What are you talking about ?
I asked him being confused.
- I think some of the guys will go to watch the new movie tomorrow. I don't know if you mind...
- I don't care...
I said although I hoped Sergio wasn't one of them. It's weird.
- But I do.
He said looking at me.
- I want all your attention to be in my.
- Excuse me ?
I asked blushing.
- Be ready at around nine. I'll come to pick you up.
- To go where ?
- You'll see.
He said whinking at me.
- I have to meet the guys. See you tomorrow.
I looked at him shocked. Well typically he asked me on a date. I was anxious but mostly I was excited. I went home because I was starving and then I decided to go and visit Ellen. She wouldn't mind. She was alone at home because her parents were in France I think for bussiness. I reached her house and rang the doorbell. I wished she wasn't out.
- Comin..
I heard her voice from the inside.
She opened the door. She had a weird expression on her face like she was doing something uhm..... inappropriate let's say...
- Not the right time ?
I said as I entered the house.
- No uhm...
- Do you want me to live ?
I asked.
- No Jane I don't want....
Then I heard a sound coming from the stairs. Someone was coming downstairs. How Ellen was supposed to be alone. Her parents were not here. And then I was shocked. Isco was coming downstairs. I looked at Ellen and she looked down having blushed.
- Hi Jane.
Isco said.
- Hi Isco.
I said smiling. I was so happy about Ellen. She moved on pretty fast and I knew that she always liked Isco.
- I have to go uhm Ellen. See you girls.
- Thanks Isco.
She said.
- For helping me with this exercise.
She continued trying to avoid my stare.
- You're welcome.
Isco said leaving. Ellen closed the door. Now was my turn to ask questions.
- So he helped you with...
- With an exercise.
- Yeah I understand I'm really sorry for interrupting you.
- It's okay we had already finish.... the exercise I mean Jane don't look at me like that I know what you think.
- What I think are you serious Ellen ? I know what you two did the question is why you don't admit it.
- I don't know what you're talking about.
Ellen said and she blushed.
- It's okay Ellen. Since when you two do exercises together ?
I asked being curious. It wasn't even a week that Ellen broke up with Akon.
- Two days ago.
- Are you guys dating ?
I asked being excited.
- Okay I'll tell you. Akon was calling me all the time and one day he came to our practise. As always Isco had already finished his practise and when he saw Akon he understood that he was bothering me. Akon started to call my names and Isco came there telling him to leave. I was about to cry. Then Akon asked him who he think he was to tell him what to do and Isco said that he was my boyfriend.
- Really ?
I asked being shocked.
- Yes.
Ellen continued.
- Then Akon asked me if he was speaking the truth and I said yes. And then..
- Then what ?
I asked being curious.
- Then Isco kissed me because he wanted to make Akon to believe that we were really a couple.
- I think Isco kissed you because he wanted to kiss you.
I said. It was more than obvious that he liked her.
- You think so ?
She asked. Now I understand. She thinks that Isco is just trying to convince Akon that they have a relationship. Poor Ellen. Isco never stopped liking you.
- Yes Ellen. So you two are together now ?
- Kind of. Actually yes. It's just not official yet. But it will be tomorrow night we are going with his team to the movies. Why don't you come ?
- I have a date tomorrow night.
- A date ?
- With Gareth...
- Oh you finally asked him out...
- Not really. He asked me out.