Chapter 57

- There's no need of her hanging out with us. Unless you want it too.
Ellen said looking at me. As I have already understood Ellen wanted to spend less time with Sara.
- It's not that I don't like her. I just don't trust her and I want to tell you things that I'd be glad her not to hear.
- Yes Ellen I understand. What was it that you wanted to tell me ?
We were in her bedroom, me reading a magazine that was there for decades and her complaining about how Sara was always interrupting us.
- Yes right. Omg you won't believe it.
- What ?
I asked not really cared about what she was about to say.
- Bessy is with Sergio in France now and it's official that they date. You can search it on the Internet they have photos together and she stays with him in France.
- That's impossible Ellen. No girlfriends allowed when they have these kind of events.
- Well that's what I've heard.
- It's a lie most probably, besides you know that media say a lot of bullshit like these.
- The fact that they are dating it's not a bullshit Jane. The question is why are you acting like that ?
Ellen asked looking me cautiously. I knew what she was thinking. It was wrong.
- I just wanted to say that just because you've heard something, doesn't mean it's true.
- Sure it doesn't. Do you mind that they are still dating ?
- Of course not. I don't give a damn.
Of course I didn't but I responded too fast and Ellen was still looking at me cautiously.
- Fine. I believe you.
She finally said.
- Do you want us to go anywhere tonight ?
- I work till... late and btw I'm already late. See you Ellen.
- You're leaving ?
- I have to. I have to apologize for a glass.
- What ?
- It's a long story.

I arrived at work earlier than usual. I started my shift when Brandon arrived. Brandon was my boss. -yes the strict one-.
- Hi Jane.
He waved me with a nod.
- Hi.... Brandon.
I said but he had already left. I had forgotten the broken glass in the bar so unfortunately Brandon was able to see it. Fortunately he never mentioned anything during my shift there.

It was about time my shift had came to an end. The weird fact was that Brandon hadn't left yet which made me think that he would scold me about the glass. The glass! For fuck's sake it was just a glass !
- Um Jane can I talk to you for a second ?
- Sure.
I said being extremelly nervous.
Please don't fire me it was only a glass.
- Did you do that ?
I was sure he was referring to the fucking damn glass.
- Yes. And I'm sorry. I know I should be less clumsy but I can't help it. Although I try my hardest to improve myself.
Just don't fire me.
I begged him silently.
- What are you talking about ?
- Excuse me but what are you talking about ?
I asked being confused.
- Um yeah I was referring to the glass.
He said looking confused as well.
- And so did I.....
I said but then I understood.
- Oh, you mean the painting.
- Yes.
- Yes, I did it. It won't happen again. I just broke the glass which I'm extremelly sorry about and I decided to decorate it.
I stopped as I understood he wasn't paying much attention he was thinking of something.
- Can you draw other things as well ?
- Of course, drawing is.....
- Perfect. I have came up with an idea to make wealth! You will decorate our glasses and plates and we are going to sell them.
I had to admit that it wasn't a bad idea. Besides that meant more money which meant me and Gareth sooner together. That was it. Brandon was a genious. Only I had to mention to him that what we would earn some of it would it be mine.
- So are you in ?
He asked.
- Yes, but I have to tell you something.
- What is it ?
- I don't have enough time to draw which simply means you have to pay me more since I'll work overtime with that.
I said hoping that my point would sound fair to him.
- I don't know....
He said doubting.
- Half of what we earn from that will be mine. Do we have a deal ?
He looked at me. He still had doubts.
Please think about it! I really need the money! My relationship has to do with that!
- Well I have to think about it...
Fuck this was supposed to be a no... I had to do something immediately. It was the only way. I needed the money. I wanted to do this for Gareth. He had done so much for me and I haven't.
- You'll agree otherwise I won't do it.