Chapter 113

- Thanks Sergio. I had a great time.
I said and I kissed his cheek as I was exciting his car.
- We can spend some time together tomorrow as well.
He said and I panicked.
- Sure.
I said although I wasn't sure this time. I had a great time but I had regret some things that happened today.
- That's only if you want to Jane.
He said when he saw the look on my face.
- I'll think about it. Good night.
- Good night.
He said and to my relief he didn't try to kiss me.
I walked to my house and I saw him leaving. It was too late. My parents were sleeping but I guess that was good since I couldn't answer to their questions right now.
I took a shower and then wore my pajamas. I was about to sleep when my phone vibrated.
《I'm already in England. Sorry for not informing you earlier. Take care. I love you.》
I felt sick. A text from Gareth. I felt more guilty than ever. What have I done ? I didn't even like Sergio. I knew that. I don't know why I was acting like that.
I closed my eyes trying not to think about today. I had fucked up. Again.

I woke up the next day. I went to the kitchen to make a coffee since my head was about to explode.
- Good morning.
My mother said and from the look on her face I understood that she wanted to ask about yesterday. I have confused her. Well, I have also confused myself.
Fortunately the doorbell rang and Ellen came in.
- Hello.
She said to all of us and then her grey eyes looked at me.
- Hello Ellen. Glad you came.
I said and it was the truth. I couldn't bear with my mother's questions right now.
- Jane. Can I talk to you....in private ?
She said and she was no longer smiling.
- Sure.
I said leaving my coffee and following her to my bedroom. I closed the door behind us. Ellen looked at me and I'm pretty sure she was mad.
- Are you completely out of your mind ?
She screamed and I looked at her as if she was crazy.
- I don't get you Ellen.
I said and it was the truth.
- You don't get me.
She said sarcastically.
- Can you explain ?
I asked her while the headache was starting becoming worse.
- Did you have a great time yesterday ?
She asked.
Memories from yesterday came to my mind.
- It was good.
I answered carefully.
- What was good ? The dinner with your parents ?
She asked and I paled. She knew. But how ?
- Ellen, I...
- Don't say anything. I can't believe you did such thing. Gareth left only yesterday and you went on a date with Sergio immediately.
- First of all Ellen it was not a date. And secondly how do you know it ?
- Because my dear when you said yesterday that you had dinner with your parents I didn't believe you. I thought that you would be in your bedroom crying for Gareth so I came here and your mother told me that you went somewhere with Sergio.
I avoided looking at her. Fuck....now I felt worse than ever.
- It was not a date Ellen.
I said as calmly as possible.
- I don't care what was it. I just don't get you. It's a little bit late for your relationship with Sergio don't you think ?
She shouted.
- Okay Ellen it was a mistake. Can we forget it ?
- Sure. But you're coming with me tonight. We are going clubbing. The two of us. Don't you dare inform Sergio where are we otherwise I swear Jane I'll call Gareth and tell him what's going on.
- Nothings going on Ellen. Stop exaggerating things.
I said while I felt tears on my eyes.
- I'll pick you up at eleven.
She said leaving.
I checked my phone. Sergio texted me asking me about tonight. I denied his suggestions. Ellen was right. I was acting stupid. I felt so guilty but everything was my fault. I ended up crying.

Ellen came to pick me up at eleven exactly like she said. She was beautiful as always and she was acting as if she hadn't come previously and shouting at me for what I have done. Like I was a little child.
- You're beautiful Jane. Let's have some fun tonight.
I didn't want to have fun. I felt awful. I wished this night could end early cause I just wanted to sleep in my bed without thinking about the drama which was going on the last days.
Before entering the club I said Ellen that I was going to call Gareth.
- Okay. I'll wait here.
Ellen said not moving from where she was.
- Stop it Ellen. I'm going to call Gareth. Not Sergio. Trust me.
I said and she rolled her eyes.
I took some distance between us and I called Gareth. He didn't answer immediately.
- Hello ?
A girls voice said from the other sind of the line. I knew this voice. It was Bessy's.