Chapter 40

I reached the university but I couldn't concentrate on my classes. I was begging universe for something to change otherwise I had to face not only how much of a failure I was but Gareth as well. He would be super mad at me which was logical if you think what kind of a liar I was. After classes finished I didn't want to go at home because I wasn't ready to face my parents. On the other hand I couldn't really go to the cafe because I would be all alone since Ellen wasn't here and there was a great chance that Akon would be there and I really didn't want to face him right now. I decided to go home although I was forced to go all the way on my own. After I went out of the universe I saw Sara speaking and laughing loudly at her phone. I was about to leave when she grabbed my arm telling me with her eyes to wait. She said goodbye to the person she was talking to and turned to face me.
- Why are you in a hurry Jane ?
She asked looking me straight into my eyes.
- I'm not.
I said having nothing else to say.
- Okay it seemed like that to me what's your plans for today ?
I didn't have any plans except the fact that said that I had to ignore my parents completely otherwise I could murder both of them.
- Nothing special....
I said as I interrupted my thoughts.
- What about you ?
I asked her wanting really to know. I have missed her a lot since we were no more of good friends. I think she has missed me too. Not Ellen so much she always prefered me although everybody else prefered Ellen. It was the exception in every rule.
- Uhm you know I leave for Italy today. I can't wait when are you coming ?
- Tomorrow...
I said not looking at her.
- That's great we will stay in a hotel right next to the boys hotel. What about you ?
- I ... well...
I couldn't handle that anymore. I started crying because that's what I wanted to do the entire day cry.
- Jane I'm sorry did I say something to upset you ?
- No not you....
- Then who ?
She asked looking really worried. I tried to explain her the whole thing with my dad although it was difficult for her to understand since she didn't know anything about Akon and I was crying like hell.
- So right now you don't have a ticket....
She said trying to understand what exactly I was saying.
- Or a place to stay...
I said crying louder.
- Uhm okay Jane wait firstly you can not imagine how lucky you are since one of my sisters is really sick and she won't make it to Italy.
She said hugging me tightly.
- What ?
I said unable to understand what she was talking about.
- Okay firstly relax, secondly go straight to your house, get ready for the trip to Italy because you can not imagine how lucky you are. I was about to call the airport to cancel the ticket.
- Are you serious Sara right now ?
- Do I look like I'm kidding ?
- No....
I said still unable to believe what just happened. That was too lucky for me. I was never a lucky person.... this was unbelievable.
- Are you going to stare at me or go to your house and get ready for Italy ?
- Yes sure uhm Sara I don't know what to say thank you...
- You're welcome Jane. Now go and do your best to be as fast as possible we fly in four hours which means you have only two hours to get ready.
She was right if I really wanted to go I should be hasty. I hugged her and ran all the way to my house. I unlocked the door and got inside not knowing where should I start. Gareth had called me once but I wasn't about to respond I wanted to make a surprise to him. I really wanted to see his face when I would appear in front of him and shout Surprise. My parents were not in the house so I didn't have to respond to all of their questions. I picked up my things carefully and after not even an hour I was ready. I texted Sara that I was coming from her house so we could go all together to the airport. I ran the stairs and made my way to the door. But before I opened the door my parents walked inside laughing about something. My father saw the luggage and then looked at me.
- Where are you going Jane ?
He asked.
- To Italy.
I responded not able to hide how happy I was.
- But how ?
He asked again.
- I just found a ticket nothing special I'm sorry but I have to go.
I said and tried to leave but my father closed the door.
- Who gave you the ticket ? Gareth ?
He asked being curious.
- No a friend of mine.
- I don't think you should go Jane it's not safe... I'll worry about you if we are not in the same flight.
- Well I would worry about you if we were in the same flight. I could kill you.
I said and he laughed thought I was kidding.
- I think you'll be better here...
He said and I could see the anxiety in his eyes. He was afraid of planes.
- No dad I'll go you won't stop me this time.
- I always do what's best for you Jane.
- Yes I know that.
I opened the door and went outside. Before I close it I looked at them and my father said.
- You'll regret the way you behave Jane...
He said and I think he was mad.
- I know I will.
I said.
- But till then....I'll spend three days far far away from you.
I said closing the door.