Chapter 38

- And how did Akon reacted when he saw you ?
Gareth asked me while we were speaking on the phone.
- He never said what's going on between us....
I said feeling extremelly sad about the way things have come. My father gave my ticket to Akon's father. Then Gareth called me to tell me that he has arrived to Italy and I left the table without an explanation. I know that this was considered rude and I would have never done something like that but if I didn't leave I would have probably kill my father let alone that I wanted to talk to Gareth. Of course I didn't tell him about what my father did. He'll understand on Saturday and this will ruin his day and the final. I wonder if I should tell my father that by this decision he will make his favourite team lose....
- Jane are you there ?
Gareth asked me interrupting my thoughts.
- Yes what did you say ?
- Are you okay Jane ?
- Fine... just a little bit tired.
- Are you sure that it's only that ?
- Yes Gareth .. what else ?
I asked taking a weird expression. Lucky he couldn't see me.
- I can't wait to see you on Saturday.
- Yeah me too...
I wondered if I should tell him the truth. He will learn it sooner or later... but I couldn't. On the other hand he has a right to know. He's the one that paid for the tickets.
- If there's something upsetting you I would like to know it Jane.
His voice was a whisper.
- Everything's fine Gareth.... I swear....
I said and I was about to cry.
- I won't insist but you're my girlfriend if for some reason you don't feel well then I don't feel well too....
He said.
He was so cute and so caring. And what was I ? A liar.
- Everything's fine Gareth. You don't have to worry.
I said trying to reassure not only him but me as well.
- I hope so cause I have a surprise for you when you arrive here.
- Well I also have a surprise for you.
I said wanting to tell him that it was the worst surprise ever since I would never make it to Italy.
- I can't wait to see what it is.
He said sound like a child that wants to see his present.
- Yes....
- I'm so happy that we are together Jane. Nothing so exciting has ever happen to me.
Oh he was a professional footballer, he could have whichever girl he wanted and the most exciting thing that ever happened to him was our relationship ? I felt like he gave me the world and he was indeed doing that. I was so selfish. How could I ? I couldn't give him expensive presents but at least I could tell him the truth sometimes. Now I felt bad. Really really bad.
- I have to go to sleep Jane. Tomorrow is a very important practise.
- Yes of course. Good night Gareth. I want you to know that I love you.
- Good night Jane. I love you too.
These words were the last before I shut my phone down. I didn't want to text or call anyone or anyone call or text me. I know I should at least call Ellen to see if she was okay but I was so mad. So mad with my father. So mad with myself that I couldn't stop him from giving my ticket to a total stranger. Just so mad. After a while I heard them laughing loudly from downstairs and then my parents say good night to them. I stand up and headed to the door so that I could hear what they were about to say. The front door closed and after that I heard my parents whispering. My mother was with my side saying that although this was a great opportunity for him he could have use another way to make mr. Wallace like him. Then my father said that he couldn't do something else since he barely knew what he liked so that was like giving him a shot and him letting this shot go. They talked a little more about this and then my father reassured her that he would talk to me. Oh no! I didn't want him talk to me because then he could see me cry. I didn't want him see that made me sad. Although he should be a jerk if he didn't know it.
My mother came after a while to my bedroom but I pretended to be sleeping. She then walked downstairs to tell my father that I was sleeping so he better not come. Unfortunately my dad was stubborn and didn't listen to what she said. I heard him coming towards my bedroom and opening my door really slow. I still pretended to be sleeping.
- Jane I know you're awake... I need to talk to you...