Chapter 19

I reached my destination earlier than I should. A lot of people came to watch the practise today. It was a great chance. The players came to the field after a while. I saw Gareth searching for someone in the crowd. Well the fun fact was that when he spotted me he waved at me. It was like he was searching for me.
Of course he was searching for you stupid you promise him that you would come.
The voice in my head said.
I waved back at him and smiled like a total idiot. I felt really weird because I was all alone and all the other fans there were at least with one person. For some reason I didn't get bored which was really good because I wanted to see the entire practise. When the practise finished everyone went outside Bernabeau waiting for the players to come out of the changing room so that they could have a chance to take a picture with them. I went with the crowd. I noticed the players come out after a while. I spotted Gareth. A lot of children tryied to approach him. Unfortunatelly some really pretty girs wanted to take a picture with him. I was really jealous. That would be a problem if Gareth and I ever date. I will always be jealous because all of his fans. I tryied to approach Gareth but the crowd never let me.
- Jane..
I heard someone screaming my name. I turn to face Ellen.
- What are you doing here ?
She asked with surprise.
- I came to watch the practise.
I explained.
- No you came to watch Gareth. You barely know that a football is a sport.
She said sarcastically.
- Shut up Ellen I'm interested in learning more about football.
- And about Gareth as well.
She said and when I looked angrily at her she looked away trying to hide a laugh.
Most of the crowd left since the police tried to calm down all these fans that were screaming like hell. I should consider myself lucky that I had the prevelenge of knowing Gareth uhm personally. Ellen grabbed me and we were now in front of the crowded line.
- Hey girls do you want to take a picture with me ?
Isco said enthusiastically.
- Yes sure.
Ellen said putting out her phone from her bag.
- Not with you. I'll be embarrased if you post that on social media my life will be a mess after that.
Isco replied but he was smiling.
- I don't want to take a picture with you either.
Ellen said trying to insult him.
- I'll take a picture with Gareth that he's a good football player unlike some other players.
She smiled while taking the picture. Now was my turn.
- Wanna take a picture with me lady ?
Gareth asked me making me blush.
- Sure.
I responded. I don't have other pictures that we are just me and Gareth. That one was special for me. I'm sure I'll set it as a background after that.
- Is there anything else I could do for you Madam ?
I only imagined him speaking to his fans like that although that was too good to be true.
- Jane ?
He asked again and his voice was a whisper. He looked at me with a look full of passion or at least I thought so. I came closer to him and he did so. Our lips were only a few centimetres away and I'm sure he was about to kiss me. I could see that in his eyes. But he just came close to my ear and said.
- Not the right time for this Jane.
He said leaving me breathless. Right time for what ?
Oh Gareth I wish you weren't always that mysterious. I looked again to the crowd. Sure it wasn't the right time if he ... you know if he meant to kiss me.