Chapter 74

I looked myself once more in the mirror. I had tried my hardest to look as good as Mia would. But whatever I'll ever do won't be enough to be as beautiful as her. She is stunning.....
Like Gareth said yesterday. I think I have regreted the fact that I accepted her suggestion to spend some time with her while gyus had morning practise.
I arrived where we were suppose to meet and I spotted her looking a dress in a shop.
- Jane.
She smiled when she saw me and then hugged me.
- Hello Mia.
I said smiling back at her.
- How are you today ?
She asked her attention at the dress.
- Fine and you ?
- Confused. Which dress do you think suits me better ? This white one or the other that's kind of blue ?
- The blue one I think. Blue suits you because of your eyes.
She thought about it a little bit.
- Let me try this dress on.
She said grabbing my hand and leading me inside the shop.
- Can I help you ?
The assistant asked us looking at both of us.
- Yes, I want to try this dress on.
Mia said pointing the blue dress.
- Sure.
The assisstant said giving her the dress.
While Mia was trying the dress on my attention caught another black, long sleeve dress that was quite formal.
- What do you think ?
Mia appeared and I looked at her in amazement.
- I was right. It suits you a lot.
- Really ? Cause I kinda think it makes me fat.
She said looking herself in the mirror.
- You've got to be kidding me!
I said trying to hide a laugh. She was completely crazy!
- I'll try the white as well.
She said coming toward me.
- What do you think of that ?
I asked her pointing out the black dress.
- It's beautiful. I bet Gareth will like it.
Mia said laughing.
- I bet not. It's way too short.
- Try it on.
Mia said and I nodded.
The truth was it really suited me that dress, it was short but not that short and it made my legs look longer besides it wasn't that expensive and I had nothing to wear in the dinner tonight.
Mia insisted on me buying a necklace that matched this dress and I agreed. She bought both of the dresses because she couldn't make up her mind. I mean the girl was crazy. We went in every single shop and bought things. I tried not to overdo it cause I had already bought some things yesterday. Mia reminded me Ellen in the way she shops. She wants everything. I always liked shopping but I was more careful with the money.
After hours and hours of shopping we went to a cafe. We both ordered and Mia started talking again.
- Have you ever been to a dinner like tonight's ?
- Not really.
- Be sure to have something to do because you can't even imagine how boring it is.
I laughed.
- Really ?
I asked thinking that she was just exaggerating.
- Yes. They will only talk about how the game was, what they should do on the next game and how they deserve to win the Euro and blah, blah.
- I thought you liked football.
I said trying to distract her and learn some things about her.
- I don't just like it. I adore it. But I have heard these conversations so many times that I know them by heart.
She explained while the waiter served us our drinks.
- How did you decided to become an interviewer ?
I asked her hoping that I would make her talk about her personal life so I could ask her about Sergio. Not that I cared or something I was just curious.
- Well, I dreamt of that my entire life. I always liked Sports and since I wasn't really talented but I wanted to learn about the Sportsmen and women I decided that this was the job that fit me the most.
- Good choice.
I commented although I could never do her job. I think it's too responsible and I'm not this kind of girl.
- What about you ? Will you be an artist ? Or ...
- An illustrator.
I interrupted her.
- That's fine.
She said thinking of it.
- My parents don't really approve it but I'll overcome this.
I said and she looked straight at me.
- My parents never approved mine decision as well.
She said looking at me.
- Why so ?
I asked. If I wanted to be a reporter my parents would be happier than ever.
- Because they thought that it wasn't a serious occupation. They prefered me to become a doctor.
- I hate that.
I commented.
- Me too.
She said sipping her coffee.
- So how did you meet Gareth ?
I asked wanting to go straight to the point.
- I thought I've told you yesterday. I just interviewed their club once and that's how we met.
- No I mean how you two became close friends.....
- Oh, that's a long story.....