Chapter 55

We finally arrived in Spain. The flight wasn't as good as the previous one but that was okay. I had a very good company in both flights. I greeted Ellen since she was about to leave with the other cheerleaders. I waited for my luggage and then for my dad. I checked my phone. I didn't have any missing calls. For fuck's sake Gareth hasn't even call me to tell me that he has arrived. I walked outside the airport to wait for my father since I wanted some fresh air. I felt dizzy. I called my father immediately and he said that he was on his way. After ten minutes he came toward me and hugged me.
- I've missed you.
- Yes, dad I've missed you too since.... yesterday.
I replied sarcastically. I hated these kind of bullshit.
- Let's go home.
Dad said sounded a little more excited than he should. On the way home he was acting all happily. He was singing his favorite songs while I was checking my damn phone again and again but Gareth never called. I have to tell a word with this guy.
When we finally arrived I just went straight to my bedroom lying that I had a headache and that I was tired from the flight.
- You only call me in case someone dies.
I yelled from my room. Now it was time to talk to Gareth. I called him in Skype but he didn't respond. He was making me worry and I know that this was just crazy. Not to make different scenarios of what it might have happened to him and he doesn't respond to any of my calls I texted Sara and told her that I just arrived and that I was fine. Not that I was fine. I was so anxious about Gareth. Then I understood that someone was calling me in Skype. Thanks God it was him.
- Hi.
He said with his goofy smile.
- You could have respond earlier.
I scolded him.
- No I couldn't. I had training. What's the matter Jane ?
- I was just worried.
- I'm fine as you can see.
He responded looking at me as if I was crazy.
- Are you in your bedroom ?
Fuck, he knows my bedroom. We had talked via Skype again.
- Yes....
- When did you come back ?
- Today....
- Oh...
He sounded shocked. Well he should be.
- I have to hang up Jane. I just wanted to make sure that you're okay.
- Yeah me too.
- I love you.
- I love you too.
- I can't wait to see you face to face.
- Yeah, me too. I so hope you'll loose.
- What ?
- I was kidding.
I said but it's not that I was really.
- I hope you were.
- Good night baby.
- Good night.

I slept till morning. Then I decided to take a shower. I was too tired last night that I couldn't even take a shower. I had classes again today and I wondered how was I able to do the classes if I was still in Italy.

- Morning.
I said as I came dowbstairs.
- Good morning.
My mother said kissing me. What the....
- Will you have breakfast ?
She asked again.
- No I'm in a hurry. I'll leave.
I said looking cautiously at her.
- Do you want me to drive to your classes ?
My father asked making me wonder if they were out of their minds. They never asked these kind of things. I wondered if this was the outcome of me coming back earlier.
- No thanks.
I said looking again cautiously at both of them this time. I took my keys ready to leave.
- Have fun.
My father said. For fuck's sake have fun at the university ?
Are they crazy ? I can't believe they say these kind of things.

After my classes have finished I went to the usual cafe. Ellen showed up after a while sourrounded by people that gave her congratulations to her amazing performance. Most of them were boys and I think they were trying to flirt with her. If only Isco was here.... although he was quiet. He never said things in front of the others.
- Hi.
Ellen came and kissed my cheek.
- How are you today ?
She asked smiling.
- Fine what about you ?
- Fine.
She said not looking at me.
- All these boys.... I bet Isco gets jealous.
- He does.
Ellen said laughing.
- What about Gareth ?
Her grey eyes met mine.
- He gets jealous sometimes.
- No I mean how's he ?
- Fine.
I said trying to sound like I wasn't giving a damn.
- You are not a good actress.
Ellen said looking at me.
- I know.
I admitted.
- Okay tell Ellen, what is it that makes you sad ?
- I just miss him.
Well it was the truth.
- You miss him. And what do you do about it ?
- I can't do much.
- I think you can.
She said with a smile that made me understand that she had something in mind.
- What ?
I asked her.
- Go to Wales.