Chapter 16

I laid down in my bed wanting to sleep immediately and wanting to forget about the awful day I had. My phone vibrated and I checked it.
《Are you sleeping ?》
A Gareth's text. OMG. Well that was cute. It is like these late night texts with your boyfriend and... what I am thinking ? He doesn't like me he never did and he never will. He's not my type. Well I'm not his type.
《 Trying but my phone is vibrating.》
I answered hoping to sound less offensive than I really did.
《Sorry for that. I'll let you sleep. I just wanted to make sure that you were fine.》
《I am. Thanks and please don't say anything about what I told you you know with Adele I trust you good night.》
《I won't. Good night.》
I turned off my phone and slept immediately because I was really exhausted. I am all the time exhausted lately. Well my life's a mess from yesterday that I turned 22.

I woke up because someone was knocking loudly our door. I think my mom opened the door and after a few steps Ellen came into my room and I could tell by the look on her face that she was about to kill me.
- When did you expect to tell me ?
She yelled at me.
I was freaking out and I was only two minutes awake. That must be a record.
- Tell you what ?
I said being anxious about her answer.
- Omg Jane I'm sorry. She hugged me tightly. I thought something happened to you then Akon said you left because you didn't feel well. I tried to call but your phone was off. I thought about coming here last night but I was afraid that you wouldn't be here and you're parents would be worried. I know I'm such an awful friend.
I smiled at her feeling relieved that she was just worried about me.
- I'm fine Ellen... I felt weird last night and I came home.
- All alone ?
- Gareth gave me a ride.
- Really ? Where did he find you I don't remember him at the party last night.
- He ... We met accidentally and he suggested that...
- Suggested ? He's an angel you're guardian angel actually I don't want to know what would have possibly happen to you if... wait a minute
Were you drunk ?
- No.
- Thanks God.
I turned on my phone and I saw a text from Gareth.
《Morning do you feel better ?》
I smiled automatically and Ellen looked at me surprised.
- Who is it ?
She asked being really curious.
- Nobody.
- And why does nobody text you ?
I didn't respond and she grabbed my phone.
- Wait Ellen...
But she already saw the messages.
She looked at me with a raising eyebrow...
- Are you flirting with Gareth ?
She asked me.
- No Ellen he just...
- Is he the fan ? With the roses ? You'd better answer lady otherwise I'm .... what happened with Adele last night ?
She asked while reading the previous messages.
- Nothing uhm she just got drunk.
- Nobody cares. Tell me about you two.
- There's nothing I need to tell you Ellen he's a professional footballer. He's hot he's rich he's successful and I'm ...me.
- You shouldn't underrestimate yourself that much Jane. You are a really cute girl and you're beautiful. You have beautiful hair, tall legs an amazing body. A lot of guys would like to date you.
She was just trying to cheer me up but I felt better.
- He seems interested in you. Give him a chance. He's a cute boy. He has nothing to do with Sergio.
- Guess you're right.
- I always am. Ask him on a date.
- No way what if he turns me down ?
- Then you'll know for sure that he's not interested but Jane I don't think he will. He seems to care about you.
- How do you know that ?
- Well I wouldn't text someone in the morning just to ask him if he's okay if I didn't at least care about him.
- We're friends that's why he did it and you forget that he was the one to bring me home last night. He is just kind.
- whatever.
Ellen said rolling her eyes. She still had my phone checking my texts with Gareth.
- You really asked about the roses.
She said looking at me.
- I told you so.
- I thought you were kidding you know.
- Well you can trust me I always speak the truth.
- You do ?
She asked and I suddenly remembered why I left the party last night. I know I should tell her but she won't like it and I won't like an angry Ellen especially now that she knows how I feel about Gareth. I need to tell her but...
No I can't she will never forgive Akon and he will kill me.
But Ellen was my best friend we shouldn't have secrets.
- Ellen I need to tell you something...
- What ?
- It has to do with Akon.
- Sure tell me.
- He...