Chapter 45

- When I call you I want you to respond immediately. Is that clear for you ?
He asked. I closed my eyes. He was about to kill me I knew that.
- Hey dad I was uhm busy....
- Busy ?
He asked sarcastically.
- Doing what ?
I never respond. What kind of explanation could I possibly give him ?
- It doesn't matter I wanted to remind you that me and mr. Wallace are on our way to Italy.
Oh fuck.... yes today was the day.
I reminded myself for the second time .
- Yes dad I can't wait to see you at the match tonight.
I said hoping that he won't tell me to visit them earlier.
- At the match ? Are you crazy ? I'll visit you as soon as we arrive.
That was exactly what I wanted to avoid. But on the other hand we had some issues to discuss.
- Yes dad I'll call you in order to meet now I have to go...
- Are you avoiding me Jane ?
He asked sarcastically again and I imagined him as an old man trying to flirt with some young chicks.
- No dad but I really need to go.
I said turning my phone off before he could respond. I ran all the way to my room. Both our room's door and Nicki's room door were open.
- I swear I haven't seen her.
Nicki said ready to call someone, me most probably. Then she saw me and hugged me as her phone dropped of her hand.
- Oh you're fine.
Nicki said sounded relieved.
- Sara come here! I found her.
She screamed.
- Oh my god! I was so scared I thought you left!
Sara said hugging me as well.
- I'm fine girls. Don't worry about me.
I said smiling.
- You scared me to death Jane where have you spend the night ?
Sara asked but when I didn't respond she understood.
- You will be in big trouble Jane. I thought Zidane said not even to wave at them.
- He insisted you know .
I said trying to sound offended.
- Besides where else could I go ?
- But Jane you could just knock my door I wasn't sleeping.
Nicki said looking at me.
- Or our door. What's wrong with you girls ? I told you not to change rooms.
Sara said looking mostly at her sister.
- But Toni.... you're right we shouldn't have change rooms. Jane you can have your room back if you want to.
Nicki said looking at me.
- No we don't have to change again. Besides the opportunity of the view will be wasted.
I said winking at Nicki.
She laughed and I knew that we were okay. At least the only problem I had to face now was my father. For now.
- I'll take a nap.
I said looking at Sara. She looked at me being extremelly confused.
- I bet you didn't sleep the whole night if you want to take a nap right after you woke up.
She said looking at me.
- What did you do instead of sleeping ?
She asked looking at me with a weird expression on her face.
- Nothing Sara we just slept.
I said laughing.
- Okay .... then you really are the lazy type.
She said coming inside of our room with me.
- You can say it like that.
I said laughing. The truth is I hadn't slept very well at night since I had woken up a couple of times trying to understand where was I. But I always slept again when realizing Gareth was wrapping his arms around me.
- Does Gareth stay alone at the room ?
Sara asked.
- No he stays with Keylor.
- Oh I bet he saw you.
- Honestly Sara I have no idea. I woke up and they weren't there. They have their final practise now.
- Well fortunately nobody saw you. You can not be sure that you can trust them especially the ones that wait on the bench, Zidane could punish Gareth for that. You know it.
- I hope he won't.
- So you are lucky since none of them saw you.
- I wouldn't say it like that.
I said as I remembered the conversation with Sergio only a few moments ago.
- What who saw you ?
Sara asked being curious.
- Uhm Sergio....
I replied looking straight into her eyes.
- Oh, that's bad but don't worry I don't think he will tell anything to anyone.
- Yeah neither do I.
I thought of our conversation again. He was looking at me with these big brown eyes. He looked sad about the fact that I had apparently slept with Gareth. Okay I was taking pitty in him. Sometimes I wondered if I should have given him a second chance. No. No. He is not worthing it. He has proven that to me more than once. He doesn't worth the pain. Or anything similar. Besides if I gave him a chance I would blame myself forever. I had about Gareth since forever. Sergio meant nothing to me.