Chapter 18

I put on a casual dress and my all star shoes. I put my hair on a ponytail and I headed towards the cafe. I didn't want to go but I was afraid that Akon would hurt me in any way possible. I was sure I couldn't handle that. I reached the cafe really fast. I saw him sitting on a table. My legs started shaking and my heart beat faster than I expected. I was afraid. I never liked Akon. He always treated me the wrong way. He couldn't stand me but that was alright because I couldn't stand him either. I reached his table trying to act super cool but acting is not really my thing. I sat in the chair across him.
- You have less than half an hour to tell me what you wanted to.
I announced trying to seem sure about myself.
- Okay Jane I'll tell what you're curious to know about. What really happened in Sergio's party.
- Well let's make things clear I'm not curious actually I don't give a damn about you. I always knew what kind of boy you were. You only proved yourself you know.
I said aggressively.
- Okay listen to me Jane. I was drunk. Adele was drunk as well. I don't even like her.
- Well you are not that good expressing your feelings. And please Akon don't try to fool me I'm not that stupid. I remember that you weren't drunk because you were sober enough to threaten me so you just make things worse by lying. Better speak the truth otherwise I'm leaving.
- No I swear I was drunk and so was Adele. I haven't even spoken to her after that. I swear. I love Ellen there's nothing going on between me and Adele.
I was about to believe him when Adele appeared. Akon changed his expression. I could see he was feeling awkward.
- Hey baby.
Adele said and kissed him in the cheek.
- Oh I know you I saw you at the party but we haven't introduce ourselves.
- Yeah you're right I'm Jane. I am a friend of Akon.
- Nice to meet you Jane. I'm Adele. Akon's girlfriend.
She said and I looked at Akon. He looked anxious.
- Akon's girlfriend ?
I asked her.
- Yeah.
- Since when ?
- Since the party.
- So since yesterday?
- Well yes we are both a little bit hasty.
She said laughing.
- Well I should leave.
I announced feeling awkward.
- No way so early?
Adele asked.
- Yes I'm sorry Adele. I'll see you some other time.
- Okay see you.
- Bye Adele. Akon.
I said as my expression changed.
- Jane...
He said wanting to say more but Adele was listening.
- Don't reveal too many things to anyone.
- I won't Akon. I wouldn't miss for anything in this world your face when you'll be the one explaining what you did and everybody will be making fun of you.
I said leaving them. I couldn't stand Akon. He was playing both with Ellen and with Adele. I should do something. Ellen is my best friend and Adele well Adele is my crushe's ex but she was still a game at Akon's hands. I should do something. I don't know what but I should do. I checked my phone. It was about time to head towards the field. I couldn't wait. I wanted to see Gareth. I already missed him. His voice, his eyes, his smile .... everything about him was just perfect. He was the one I was sure from the way my heart beat. I was in love with him I knew that. I was afraid that he wouldn't like me back. I was afraid that he would go back to Adele... I was afraid like.... like I'm gonna lose him...