Chapter 75

- I have time. You can tell me.
I replied and she looked at me surprised.
- Well, when I started working about "Laters" the whole thing was a failure. They decided to make it better by interviewing celebrities.
She said while her blue eyes were checking me out.
- One day they asked me to interview Real Madrid club because of them being the best club in the world with..... the hottest players.
She said and laughed while I forced myself to fake a smile.
- As Gareth told you yesterday I did have a crush on Sergio. And that's why me and Gareth are so close now because he was helping me with Sergio.
- Gareth was helping you with Sergio ?
I asked not able to believe it.
- Yes. I don't know if you know it but Sergio is a lot of a playboy.
She explained looking at my reaction.
If I know! Of course I knew! Sergio is my ex. Not that she knows that but okay.....
- Gareth was really supportive and imagine only that he had just broke up with Adele.
I nodded. Yes, Adele seems to appear in every fucking story. I had started to lose my temper.
- Finally Sergio and I managed to be together.
She said and I tried not to show my surprise.
- For how long ?
I asked trying to seem like I didn't care.
- Not very long..... He was cheating on me....again and again.
- It doesn't surprise me.
I said sipping my coffee. That was so Sergio.
- You know Sergio might be a cheater but when he is in love, he remains forever.
She said and I raised an eyebrow......when he is in love which happens like..... never.
- Don't be surprised Jane, is the truth. He was never in love with me. Although I had fallen for him but I think there was a girl that he was in love with......
Really like who ?
I thought to myself trying to avoid Sergio's thought.
- I don't know her name. I have seen her a couple of times from distance before a year or so. She was goth I think -you know this thing that you wear only black-?
Mia said and I think I paled.
- Yes, go on....
I said.
- Why do you know her ?
Mia asked sipping her coffee.
- I think so. She must have been in our university.
I lied trying to calm myself.
- Well, yes I tried to make him forget her because I was really falling for him.... but I just couldn't. Gareth helped me with that and tried to convince Sergio to leave her and be with me but it just never worked. I know I shouldn't have done this. It may have hurt this girl. I didn't even know her.
She said and I nodded.
Poor Mia she's standing in front of you.
I thought to myself.
What made her believe that Sergio was in love with me ? It didn't make sense. He never was. I knew that.
- And what happened after that ?
I asked although I knew the end of the story.
- Nothing. I moved in England but as hard as I tried to forget Sergio, I never managed to.
- Really ?
I asked surprised again. She really is crazy.
- I think, he was the love of my life.... Even know when I see him my heart skips a beat....
She must be kidding. Sergio ? The love of her life ? She should visit a psychologist.
- And what about Aaron ?
I asked confused.
- I love Aaron. We are in a relation more than a year now and he's all I ever needed.... but Sergio.... let's say that I would never forget him.
This girl shocks me.
- Do you know Sergio in personal ?
She asked while saying to the waiter to give us the check.
- Kind of.
I replied.
I know him more personal that you would ever like to know.
I thought to myself.
- Well this is weird. I mean the fact that you were not his girlfriend, or his sex partner.
Mia said.
- Why is it weird ?
I asked.
- Because Sergio is a womanizer and besides you are a very beautiful girl. You must have been a heartbreaker.
She said while she paid.
- Why did you pay ?
I asked her.
- I wanted to.
I said.
- No, Jane. You don't work. When you'll finally work remind me of that coffee.
She said smiling.
I back of. Besides the conversation was not over yet.
- What was I sayin ? Ah yeah, that you must have been a heartbreaker.
She said again.
- No, I'm not.
- I doubt it. Anyway when I saw Sergio in Euro this year he was with another girl.
- Bessy.
I said.
- You know her ?
Mia asked me.
- Yes.
Because she's Adele's best friend.
I thought to myself.
- She is really beautiful.
Mia said with a melancholy in her voice.
- She is....
I responded.
- She makes him happy....
Mia said again.
He also makes him moan but let's not discuss that yet.....
- Mia do me a favor please.
- Sure.
- I'd really appreciated it if you didn't mention our conversation to Gareth....
- Okay....
She said looking confused.
- Thank you.
I replied.
- No, I should thank you.
I looked at her confused.
- For what ?
I asked her.
- For letting me talk about Sergio......