Chapter 15

I tried my hardest to leave before Akon notices me but it was too late I already made eye contact with him and he was heading towards me. Adele seemed confused.
I tried to go till the door to leave but Akon stopped me.
- We need to talk.
Said seriously.
- Not really Akon I have to go it's too late.
- Where's Ellen ?
- I don't know I really need to go just let me.
- I need to explain to you what happened.
- No Akon you don't. I'm not your girlfriend. Ellen is whatever you want to say you've got to say it to her.
- Are you going to say anything to her ?
- No Akon this is none of my business.
- Well fortunately you don't because I could make you regret it. Whatever you saw tonight like you said it's none of your business. If you ever say anything to Ellen I'll kill you with my own hands.
Suddenly I got nervous. It was because his eyes were penetrating my skin. He looked as if he was drunk but I knew he wasn't.
- Good night Akon.
He never replied and I left. I ran all the way home because we came to the party with Ellen's car but I didn't want to worry her. She seemed to have a good time. I walked in the dark of the night feeling strange.
I was afraid that maybe someone would hurt me. I always walked with Ellen this late at night but tonight I was alone. I reached the bar we went yesterday to celebrate my birthday. A lot of boys were there and I accedantally bump into one of them.
- I'm sorry... Jane ? What are you doing here ?
Oh no. This was the thing I least expected. Gareth was staring at me with his blue eyes being in shock.
- I am trying to go home...
- Let me drive you then..
He said.
- Uhm okay
I was too afraid to walk alone till my house.
He waved to his friends and we reached his car. It was silent there and I felt really embarrassed.
- So...
He started..
- Were you at Sergio's party ?
- Uhm yes. Why didn't you came ?
- I wanted to see some old friends.
- Sorry for destroying your night.
- Actually you made my night.
I looked at him blushed.
- It was boring.
He explained.
- If you say so.
- Why didn't you left with Ellen ?
- She uhm she was having a great time.
- What about you ?
- Me .. well not that much.
- Why it was me that you were missing ?
He said burst out laughing but when I didn't respond he looked back at me.
- What's wrong ?
He asked again.
- Nothing everything's fine.
- What happened at the party Jane ? Did Sergio something to you ?
- Not him.
- Then who ?
He asked ready to explode. Was my imagination or he was more curious than he should be ?
- I just saw Akon kissing uhm another girl.
- Which girl ?
He asked being relieved.
- Adele.
I said and turn to see his reaction.
- Yeah I should have known. He's the type of girl that would make out with a guy that barely knows.
-Oh and ...
- She's my ex..
Gareth answered the question I was about to ask. We reached my house.
- Thanks.
I said.
- My pleasure.
He said smiling. I looked into his eyes. I really wanted to kiss him right now. He came closer to me and I thought that he would kiss me. And he did. He kissed my cheek saying goodnight.
Thanks Gareth you really made my day.
- Good night. Thank you for the roses. They are my favourite.
I said as I walked out the car.
- I know.
He said winking at me and then left.
Did he really know ? Omg what if he had chosen carefully the roses for me ?
No way this could only happen in a movie. And we're not playing in a movie.