Chapter 46

I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't I wanted to sleep a little bit more. I could hear some whispers although I had no idea who was it. I finally managed to open my eyes and I realized that I had a terrible headache. In the small table across our beds Sara and Nicki were trying to fix Nicki's phone since she let it slip of her hands when she saw me.
- Good morning girls.
I said yawning.
- Good morning again Sleeping Beauty.
Sara said being focused on Nicki's phone.
- Is your phone broken ?
- Kind of.
Nicki said pointing out her phone.
- I'm sorry for that.
I said.
- Our parenrs will be sorry for that it was a new phone she barely has it one month.
- Oh...
I said looking at the expression at Nicki's face.
- I'm going to the bathroom.
I said. I took a shower really fast and got dressed to go at the reception and have breakfast. I was not sure if it was still breakfast there since it was late enough but I should give it a try. I headed all alone at the reception since the girls have already eaten their breakfast. I didn't take my phone with me. I was sure that my father would call me from time to time although I promised him that I would call him. I just wanted to spend some days far away from him. Okay I will spend more than just a few days and I had to tell him that. Oh I had to tell that Gareth as well. Tomorrow they would leave to go back to Spain. How have I messed everything up again ? I ate really fast looking out the window to see if they had already arrive. Most probably they hadn't since I couldn't spot their bus anywhere. I went again into my bedroom. Sara and Nicki were ready to go downtown.
- Are you comin ?
Sara asked.
- Yes of course.
I said really excited. It was an opportunity to buy some things since I would stay here more than I have planned. But it was about time my plans failed again. My father called me and I answered immediately like I promised him earlier.
- Hi Jane guess where are we.
He said sounded excited.
- I know where you are dad. You have already arrived to Italy.
- Yeah but more specific we are outside your hotel.
- What ?
I said yelling.
- Yes come and visit us we are now heading at the reception.
Fuck....
- Yes I'll be there in a minute.
- What happened ?
Sara asked.
- My dad came I should visit him have fun downtown girls.
I said as I was about to cry.
- Are you sure you don't want us to wait for you ?
- No I don't want to destroy your day.
- You won't destroy our day. We can wait.
- Thanks Sara but I don't know how long does he plan to stay.
- Fine. I'll call you after a while to ask you if you finally can join us.
- Thanks. I really appreciate that.

After a few minutes I headed to the reception.
- Hello dad , mr Wallace.
I said and they both hugged me.
- Hello Jane. Do you have fun in here ?
Mr Wallace asked me.
- Yes I do. Actually I was planning to go downtown with the girls today but...
- But you prefered to visit dad.
My father said.
- I told you mr. Wallace that Jane and I are close. We have a very good relationship.
I looked at my father wondering if he ever believed what he was saying. He looked at me trying to understand my expression. Oh how much I wanted to kill him I looked at him and the only good memories I had were the ones that we didn't talk to each other and pretended that we didn't exist. Because when he was talking to me he was yelling that I'm a failure which was fine because I was a failure. Or that was what he had make me believe about myself. I loved my mother more. I didn't love her either but I prefered the fact that she didn't give a damn about me. She never yelled at me or something. I looked out the window sawing the bus arriving. I wanted to run straight into Gareth but that was not a good idea.
- We can go downtown later if you want to.
My father said.
- No dad there's no need to. I'll go on Monday.
- You won't be here on Monday Jane. Tomorrow we are leaving did you forget that ?
- Uhm yes dad you are leaving my ticket is till next Friday.
I said not looking at him. I knew he would be super mad. I looked at him and he was extremelly mad. But he never said anything because of Mr. Wallace.
- Lucky you Jane. I wish I could spend more time in this beautiful city. You should stay. This is an opportunity you shouldn't waste.
Mr. Wallace said and I looked at my father. He was super mad but I didn't care. Mr Wallace was right. I couldn't waste this opportunity because of my father.