Chapter 56

- Go to Wales ? You must be kidding. Besides he will go to France sooner or later.
- Then go to France. It will be a nice surprise believe me.
- No Ellen I can't. Besides I don't want to interfere all the time in his life. He needs some personal space too.
- He won't mind. I'm pretty sure.
- If it is like that I need to pay the ticket with my own money. I don't want my parents to lend me money all the time.
- Yes that's right.
- You know I was thinking last night of having a part time job. Would that be enough for me to concentrate some of the money needed ?
- I think so.
- That's what I wanted to hear. You're so supportive Ellen.
She smiled but I didn't know if she was paying attention to what we were discussing.

A few days after that I had finally found a part time job. It was in a cafe near my house. I was a little bit clumsy as a waitress and I tried my hardest not to be rude at the clients but some of them were really annoying. I was working there with other two girls and our boss was strict enough although he was young and he shouldn't be that much. I had to earn enough money to go to France as I learned Gareth was already there and he had played some games if I was not mistaken. I had to earn the money because they had won in all the matches which simply means that they won't come back soon. The problem was that with the way I was gathering the money I didn't have a chance to gather them soon enough.

Sara came back with her sisters being all happy. James was in Colombia playing with his national team. That's the problem in dating a footballer. I hang out with Sara now more than I ever did in the past. We have fun together. Ellen is not very eager to join me whenever I hang out with Sara. I can't be sure but I think she prefered us when we were only just me and her.

- Be sure to lock the cafe. Good night.
I was the last one to lock the cafe tonight because it was my turn. I cleaned a little bit as soon as my boss left. I was so dissappointed. I could never manage to gather all the money needed. I knew that I could ask my parents to help me but I didn't want to. I didn't want them to be involved. I already hated the questions about work.
- How is work ?
- Is your boss too strict ?
- Be sure not to dissappoint your boss.
- I'm glad you finally decided to find a job and be financially independent.
That was the part I mostly hated.
As I was about to leave I was putting the glasses in the cupboard. Unfortunately because I was clumsy I broke one of them. I knew I had fucked up since the boss was able to understand if a glass was missing. I couldn't lie neither to him nor to anyone. I didn't have any other choice. I decided to draw in this glass. I took a paintbrush and begun to draw in the broken glass.

When I finished was almost one after midnight. I forgot to put the broken glass in the cupboard so to apologize for it tomorrow. I went straight home knowing that it could be difficult for me to concentrate in the morning classes since I was so fucking tired.

I woke up feeling still tired. I barely manage to go to the bathroom and take a shower. I wore sorts and a blouse and arrived to the university.
- Good morning.
Sara said hugging me.
- Good morning.
I replied happily.
- Any news from Gareth ?
- Everything the way it was. He practises hard.
- I'm sure he does.
- Omfg Jane you won't believe it.
Ellen came toward us wanting to announce something gossiping but when she saw Sara she stopped.
- Hi Sara.
- Hi.
Sara seemed to understood that she wasn't very welcomed from Ellen.
- What happened ?
I asked her wanting to know about the big deal.
Ellen looked at Sara again obvious that she didn't want to say something in front of her.
- Nothing important. I'll tell you later.
She said without turning her eyes from Sara.

After classes finished I waited for Ellen in our usual cafe. She came immediately.
- Let me tell you what I've learned you won't believe it.
She said bursting out laughing.
- What is it ?
I asked but I couldn't finish my sentence because Sara came to us.
- Hello girls.
She said smiling. I could feel Ellen's madness without even looking at her. I knew that she would wanted to say a private word with me.