Chapter 50

The stadium was huge.... I mean really huge. I wasn't sure if it was like Bernabeau. A lot of people were there with their tickets sounded excited. I think Real fans were more than Atletico's but still both teams had a huge amount of fans. It was the first time that I would watch a game being there. I couldn't really describe how I was feeling.

We went to where we were supposed to stand and before the beginning of the show I was trying my hardest to spot my father. I couldn't. I wanted to talk to him. At least to apologise. I don't know for what exactly but I couldn't stand the fact that he was sad and it was my fault.
- I should have written
《 Toni will you marry me ?》
Nicki said and I looked at her trying to hide a laugh. She was kidding..... I think.

The show started half an hour later. Alicia Keys was performing and as always she was incredible. While she was singing the cheerleaders were dancing. I spotted Ellen. She looked amazing with her white uniform on top of all the cheerleaders. She was once more the captain. She was stunning and while she was dancing I was clapping and yelling her name. She looked relieved when this whole thing finished. She and the other cheerleders were making their way through changing rooms as Alicia was finishing her singing and playing the piano performance. It was a very pleasant way to open the final of Champions League. Now was the big time. The 22 players were making their way towards the field. I spotted Gareth. He looked cool as always but I bet he wasn't. He was searching with his eyes the stadium...
.. perhaps he was searching for me. I cheered with the others as the match was about to start hoping to make enough noise for Gareth to notice me but of course this was impossible. The stadium was full of people he couldn't just spot me. The two captains headed towards the referree. After the typical things they always do the match had finally started. The game was really intense with both teams having good opportunities to score. Gareth played fantastic but he didn't manage to score. Fans were shouting from both teams and so did I. I was really excited. In the fifteenth minute of the first half Sergio scored. I screamed with all Real Madrid fans goal as the players celebrated the goal with hugs. I was less anxious now. At least we were closer to the trophy than they were. I was kinda relieved.

The first half came to an end. The players would have a fifteen minutes time out and then time for them to start the second half.
- Thanks God Sergio scored.
Nicki said looking really relieved and smiling.
- Yes what a relief. Atletico is a good team you'll never know what happens.
Sara said.
- Why isn't James playing ?
I asked looking confused. Well Isco wasn't playing either but I think he would play in the second half.
- I don't know. He didn't tell me that he won't play actually.
Sara said looking a little bit frustrated.
- He will play in the second half. Don't you worry.
I reassured her.

After fifteen minutes have passed the second half begun. I was cheering the whole time with Sara and Nicki. About the seventy fourth minute Isco came into the field. He played great as well until Carasco -an Atletico Madrid's - player scored. Now the score was 1-1. That was not that good. We had equal opportunities again. Atletico's fans were now cheering.
- That's bad.
Sara said looking dissappointed.
- I know and the players seem to be really tired.
I replied as I noticed Gareth holding his ankle again and again. The match ended and the teams had another time out to get ready for the extra time.

- Great we are in a tie and the others seem to be in a better condition.
Sara said looking at the field where the footballers were.
- Do you think Gareth is injured ?
I asked her wanting to understand if he was reallg injured or that was what I thought so.
- Yeah he seems like it.
She said looking as the doctors of the team were helping all the players that were laying on the field.
- I hope he manages to play otherwise will be with ten players. Zinedine has finished with the substitutions.
- Uhm that's bad.

They finally started to play at the extra time. Both teams were trying their hardest and they had some great chances but none of them manage to score. After the ending of the extra time the following thing were the penalties. The two coaches have decided which of them would try to score. I wanted to see Gareth being one of them but I couldn't be sure since he seemed to be injured.