Chapter 52

I wore a long , black dress and some beautiful sandals I have bought some weeks ago and made myself a little bit up, leaving my hair naturally. I hoped I looked formal cause I didn't know what Gareth was up to. I headed towards his hotel praying I wouldn't just bump into any of his football mates although the hotel was strangely quiet. Ana was at reception again. She waved at me when she saw me.
- What are you looking for this time ?
She said smiling politely.
- Gareth ?
I asked pointing the obvious.
- He must be upstairs.
She responded as she continued what she was doing.
- Do I have your permission to go upstairs ?
I asked her smiling.
- Only for today mrs....
- Smith.
- Mrs Smith because I'm trully happy.
- Thanks.
I responded and headed upstairs. I really wanted to see what Gareth was up to.
I headed towards his room staying outside the door as I didn't want to knock. What if Keylor was inside ?
Well he must be. I stayed there waiting impatiently when the door opened and Gareth appeared.
- Hi.
He said kissing my forehead.
- Hi.
I responded. I felt uncomfortable for some reason I can't explain.
- What now ?
I asked being curious.
- Come on.
He grabbed my hand and we headed to the elevator. We arrived at the final floor at this hotel at the fifth floor specifically. We headed to the only room this floor had which was as big as all the other rooms togeher. Right it was a suite. Of course he was rich he could afford living in a room like this. Although he wasn't living there. And where the fuck where all his teammates ? It seemed that they were not here.
Gareth opened the suite's door and I felt dizzy. The inside was like a romantic dinner for two. How sweet! A romantic dinner for the two of us again.
- I wanted to do something for you since we haven't spend a lot of time just the two of us.
He explained trying to figure out my expression I think.
- Thanks. It's so nice of you.
I said feeling bad because I really wanted to do something for him as well. The room service had set the food into our table not a long time ago as I could understand since the meal was still hot.
- Eat something.
Gareth said as I tried to decide which of all these tasty foods should I eat first.
- How came for you to invite me in your hotel ?
I asked as I tasted the first option on the table.
- That's very tasty.
I added.
- Glad you like it.
He said looking at me.
- You didn't answer to my previous question.
I said thinking that he may be distracted.
- Um yes actually I didn't have enough time for us to go in a restaurant or anything else because I'm leaving in about....
He looked at his watch
- Um about four hours.
- Leaving ? Where are you going ?
I asked thinking that they might have a party to celebrate again their victory.
- To Wales.
I almost split the water in my mouth. What does this mean ? He must be joking.
- You're kidding me aren't you ?
I asked being panicked.
- No Jane. I'm leaving.
He said as if it was the most normal thing on earth.
- I'm sorry and when did you expect to tell me ?
I asked as I was about to cry.
- Relax Jane. It's for the Euro. Then we are going to France.
- Till when ?
I asked being shocked.
- 10th of July all this thing ends but we'll come back earlier we don't have a chance to win.
Was he serious ? I couldn't tell him that I had elongate my trip here.
- It's fine Jane. Besides you are flying tonight to Spain aren't you ?
I don't remember what time are you flying.
He said looking at his watch again.
- It's okay I remember. And I'm actually late.
- Late ?
- I should be at the airport in less than two hours.
- Indeed ?
Gareth asked looking at his watch again. Since when did he gain this habit ?
- Do you want me to drive you to the airport ?
- Of course not I'll be with my father.
- Really ?
Gareth looked at me having most probably understood that I was lying. How ?
- Didn't your father give your ticket to Akon's father ?
Fuck. I have forgotten that.
- He....
I looked down. The truth is I was a terrible liar.
- What's the matter Jane ?
- I have elongate the trip in here. I didn'g know that Sara intended to come back that late.
- That late ?
- I'll be here till Friday.
I said without looking at him.
- Do you want to stay till Friday ?
Gareth asked looking at me.
- I wanted till I learn you're leaving.
He looked at me dissappointed. It wasn't his fault. It was mine. My dad's. Especially my dad's.
- Didn't you know about the Euro ?
He asked me.
- No I didn't. You know that I don't have a clue about football.