A promise

It's been a long month, with Negan being gone, and Katherine growing up, and the fact Maggie is due any day now. Pressure has been Piled up on me.

Rick still comes over every night, with the accept ion that Judith and Carl come along too. We all eat dinner together and act like a family. Which is good for Katherine, because she really does need someone else to talk too, she is driving me crazy. Judith is up and talking now, which surprised me.

One night they were over for dinner Carl and Katherine were on the floor playing with Judith.

"Hey wanna see something cool?" Carl asked Katherine.

Katherine of course said yes.

Rick and I were sharing a glass of wine and watching the kids, Carl stood up and Judith had began to pout

"Come here baby" he held out his arms to her.

Katherine watched Judith's every move.

She stood up shakily and step by step she made her way to Carl. She fell into Carl's arms and we all cheered. Rick seemed to be glowing with happiness it was kind of cute to see him get so excited over his daughter.

Rick and I have become quite closer, we are going steady, just like I asked him to. He has been nothing but patient with me.
------------------------

Flash forward to today.

It's Katherine's birthday today, and I could not be more happier. She turns eight today, it makes me sad that Negan won't be here to celebrate it with her. But I will. And that's all that matters. She has become more reliant on me, when Negan was around it was all about him, but now she is all about me, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sure, I miss my husband. But I always tell myself he is the one that left me, I didn't leave him. I do miss waking up in his arms, and his voice. And the way he feared me like his best friend. I miss seeing his sexy face every single damn day, it was like no matter what happened all I had to do was see Negan and my mood changed.

Sure, when we got married he changed.. And became more violent with me. However, I still found something every day to adore from him.

"Mommy mommy!" Katherine shouted from her room.
"What is it baby?" I asked walking into her room.

She was smiling from ear to ear "it's my birthday today!"

She has her fathers dimple I smiled back "I know, you're such a big girl!" I exclaimed

We walked down into the kitchen and I started making breakfast for her and I. She sat at the table and was coloring.

After breakfast was done, there was a knock on the door.

"Do I answer it?" Katherine asks from the table

"Yes, please honey?"

I hear her jump down from the table and open the door. I heard her scream out.

I panicked, I dropped what I was doing and grabbed my knife I ran from the kitchen to the front door to see Katherine hugging Rick to death. While Judith held Carl's hand.

"Hi guys!" I laugh "Katherine, let Rick go"

She did as she was told and hugged Judith.

Rick was laughing "well she is rather excited."

"Oh i know.. Almost to excited" I growled.

They all came in and sat at the table, I passed breakfast out to all of them.
--------------------

As the day carried on more and more people stopped by to wish Katherine a happy birthday. Some even had gifts for her. Mostly stuffed animals, but still.

It was around 4 o'clock pm and a very pregnant Maggie waddles into my house.

Katherine runs up to her and carefully hugs her.

"Hey darlin" Maggie says walking slowly into the home. She sits on the sofa and sighs out in relief.

"Hey Maggie!" Katherine kissed her cheek and ran back to her new toys.

She almost ran me over in the process "whoa, watch out road runner you about took me out"

Maggie laughs. I sit down on the sofa next to her.
"I feel like I'm about to explode" she says.
"You look like it too"

She slaps my shoulder playfully and laughs, she laughed harder then I expected.

After she calmed down a bit, I realized her bottoms were shaken wet, along with my couch.

I pointed "ah man gross Maggie you just pissed on my couch"

Her face was frozen she just started forward, out of embarrassment I'm assuming.

"Maggie?" I asked.
"Lucy.. My water just broke." And as if on cue she started going into contractions.

Katherine watched in horror "honey go get Amber, do you remember Amber?" I asked calmly.
She nodded and ran off.

"Okay Maggie, we are going to walk up to my spare bedroom, okay?"
I grabbed her arm and steadied her, she stood up and we walked arm in arm up the stairs and into the bedroom.

I laid her down "Maggie I really don't know what I'm doing.." I admit.

Maggie slipped her bottoms off "am I dilated?"

I look down quickly and back up to her "yes.. Maybe a couple inches."

"I'm.. I'm gonna push" she says confidently.

She pushes and blood starts coming out. She screeched out

"Lucy, somethings wrong!" She yelled.
"Maggie stop pushing!" I yell back.

Maggie lays there crying

"I'm.. I'll be right back Maggie I'm gonna go get Amber." I state.

"Hurry!" She yells

I dashed out of the room when I hear voices in my living room. I walked slowly to try and detect who it is.

"I'm back bitches.." Is that Negan?
My heart did jumping jacks in my chest.
I hear the front door open and see Amber and Katherine run in, Amber runs lasted me up the stairs and I stand there.

"Daddy?!" Katherine's voice squealed.

Tears formed in my eyes, I ran down the rest of the steps and stood there. Starting at Negan, his back turned towards me. I cry out. It's too good to be true.

"Negan..?" My voice choked out.

He turned towards me and held his arms out to me "Lucy? Baby"

I ran to him and jumped in his arms. He held me tightly to him. I couldn't help but cry into his chest. I could tell he was crying too.

lord knows I didn't want to let him go, but I had to.. I had a job to do, and that's to be there for maggie.

"Honey I've got to go.." I try to leave his grip.

"Lucy i just got here.."

"I know.. But I made a promise. I've got to go"

I didn't look back at him, I ran back up the stairs in the room with Maggie