Chapter 6: Finding a new place

I opened my eyes back up, looking up at Carl, who was staring at Kylie and Ivan.
"I don't trust them..." He mutters under his breath.
"I don't either..."
Carl let's me go as Ivan and Kylie walk over to us.
"I'm Ivan, and this is Kylie." Ivan says, winking at me. I frowned and looked back at Carl, who was frowning slightly.
"Are you two, like, brother and sister?" Kylie asks as we stand up from the log.
I shake my head. "No. We're together. As in, boyfriend and girlfriend together."
I felt Carl's hand slip in mine.
I still didn't know if we should trust them...
Rick spoke up. "Alright everyone! We're going to keep moving!" He shouted. The others nodded, and so did Kylie and Ivan.
~Time skip~
We walked through the forest, looking around for any walkers.
Just then, we saw a sign.

Welcome To Terminus! Only 1 mile to go, and you'll be in the safest place in the world!

I smiled a little as I stared at the sign. "Come on." I said as I walked on, but Carl grabbed onto my arm, holding it tightly.
"Carl, let me go. Don't you see the sign?" I asked, turning my head back to face him.

"I don't want anyone to die today." He started, but I rolled my eyes.

"You have never been to this place-"
"Yes I have Enid. They kill people. They're cannibals. They eat people! Don't you understand?! They're killers!"
"Carl, I bet they're nice people."
"Yeah. Nice people who turn out to be killers and murderers. I'm not taking that risk. I'm not going back there. And so is the group. If you want to be killed and turned into food, do it! See if I care! I'm not coming with you!"
I held his gaze for a few more seconds, then turned away.
I felt Carl's hand loosen on my arm.
I took a few steps past the sign, towards Terminus. I picked up my pace into a jog.
I looked back to see if Carl was following me.
He was, of course...
"Get back here Enid! I don't want you to die! You have to trust me! Please!" He begged.
I rolled my eyes, looking forward again.

~~~
What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter?
Authors note~ I know Carol blew Terminus up, but let's just say that they're building a new building for it.