Chapter 28: Reunited

(Enid's POV)
I opened my eyes, sitting up and looking around.
I saw Maggie and Glenn kissing and hugging and I instantly thought about Carl... Our tight hugs, our soft kisses... Everything...
I stood up, brushing my hair out of my face and going over to them. "We should keep looking. I'm not going to stop until we find the others..." I mutter as they look up at me.
"We can leave right now if you want." Glenn said with a shrug. Of course, I nodded.
Glenn, Maggie, and the others stood up while Glenn said that we'll keep going, look for some supplies, look for the others, and other stuff.
But I wasn't paying attention.
I was still thinking about Carl.
My boyfriend. Or husband, I think...
We all began walking through the forest until I felt tears slide down my cheeks.
I felt a hand on my left shoulder and looked over, seeing Maggie.
She rubs my shoulder with a smile. "I'm sure he's fine Enid."
I shake my head, more tears sliding down my cheeks. "He's probably dead..." I mutter, my voice cracking a little.
"Don't lie to yourself..." She mutters, pulling me close to her.
I bite softly on my bottom lip.
Right then, I heard my name being called, over and over.
"Enid!"
It sounds very familiar...
"Enid!" The voice was a little closer this time.
I couldn't help but run towards the voice. The voice was getting closer, and closer, and closer...
Until I saw him.
Carl!
I felt my tears streaming down my face as I ran towards him, throwing my arms around him.
His arms wrapped around my body, hugging me close.
I cried softly in his shoulder... "I missed you... I thought you were dead..." I choked out, still crying.
I felt his hand run through my hair and shush me. "It's okay Enid... I'm here. I'm here..." He mutters in my ear.
I calmed down, letting him go and wiping away my tears with the back of my hand.
"I was beginning to think that you were dead." I mutter as I looked up at him.
His head moves closer to mine, our lips almost touching. Both of his hands went to my cheeks.
"I'm still here. I'm never going to leave you... I promise."
"Do you promise?" I asked, my breathing softening a little.
"I promise..." He whispers, pressing his lips against mine and closing his eye. I closed my eyes as well.
~~~
Comment some ideas for the next chapter! 😊
Vote!