Chapter 45: Drop it

I looked around, seeing the others standing up and following Rick, who was walking towards the woods. "Come on!" He shouted.
Carl and I stood up, brushing some dust off our clothes
We jogged over to the group, hand in hand. Jennie and Ron weren't very happy about it...
Carl let's go of my hand, so our hands were brushing against each other.
"Carl?" I asked, looking over at him.
"Hmm?" He hummed.
"You were mad when I kissed Ron, weren't you?" I asked softly, brushing my hair out of my eyes.
He slowly nodded, his hands were almost into fists. Taking a deep breath, he let's it out slowly.
"I don't want to talk about it..." He mutters. "I don't want to talk about any of it. So please, just drop the topic."
"But Carl..."
"Drop the topic."
"But-"
"Drop... The topic." He says a little louder.
I bite my bottom lip softly, scuffing the heels of my shoes on the ground.
"I'm sorry... It's just that I'm worried about you dying."
I slowly breathed out a long sigh. "I know..."
Carl brushed his hand against mine, so I looked over at him, staring at him for a few seconds, then looking towards the front again.
"What is it?" He asked. I can feel his breath against my ear.
"I'm worried about dying when I give birth..." I muttered as I moved my hair out of my face.
I felt the babies kick again and smiled slightly.
"They kicked again?" Carl asked, putting his arms around my waist.
I nodded with a small chuckle. "Yeah... They did."
At that moment, Rick looked back at the group, then stopped walking, looking around.
Carl and I walked over to him. "What is it?" Carl asked in a low voice.
"Shh. I thought I heard something..."
Just then, I saw some shadowy figures in the bushes...
~~~
Questions!
1: Who are these shadowy figures?
2: What do you think Rick's group is going to do?
3: What are Carl and Enid going to do?
Comment!
Vote!