Chapter 25: Father and son moments

My dad was speechless for a second, then he rubbed his stubbled chin.
"So... You got her pregnant?" He asked me.
I nodded, shuffling around on my feet a little. "Yeah, and I'm very worried about her."
He puts an arm around my shoulder, rubbing it gently. "She's going to be alright."
I chewed on my bottom lip, nodding a little.
We were both silent, but the others were talking and laughing. I look back with a small smile on my lips.
I turned back to dad, who was looking at the road ahead of him.
"Do you remember when I ate that whole can of pudding?" I asked with a chuckle.
He laughed, nodding. "Yeah. You told me about that."
"And when this all started, when I was younger... When Shane and mom were alive, I ran into your arms right when I saw you."
He nodded again as I bite my bottom lip. "And when I killed Shane because he was a walker." I said, scuffing my heels on the ground.
"Yeah... And I didn't even know." He said with a small shrug. "He was a good man..."
I nodded. "Yeah..."
"I remember when Hershal saved your life."
Hershal... Maggie's dad... The man who the governor killed... The man who saved my life when I got shot in the chest...
"I wonder if Maggie still misses him." I mutter softly.
"She probably still does." Dad replied, slowing down his pace a little. I slowed mine down as well.
"Do you miss mom?" I asked, which is probably not the right time to ask...
"I miss her every day... She would've been fine. She would've lived..." He started, but I shook my head.
"No, she wouldn't. She wasn't fine when Maggie had to cut her open and take Judith out... She lost a lot of blood, and I couldn't just leave her there to turn. I had to kill her."
"What if Maggie was in that situation? What if Enid was in that situation? Would you kill them?" My dad asked as he faced me.
I looked over at him, giving him a cold stare.
"If Glenn was with Maggie, he would do it. But if I was with Enid..." I started. The thought of Enid dying from giving birth to the baby made me cringe. "If I was with Enid... I wouldn't do it..."
"And why's that?"
"Because I love her. I love her to death."
"What about that Jennie girl?" Dad asked with a small smile on his lips.
"I don't care about Jennie. I only care about Enid. I'll protect her with my life. I'll try my very best to keep her and the baby safe..."
~~~
Do you have questions about this chapter?
Comment and vote!