Chapter 2: I'm not going without you

I hear the voice again...
"Enid!"
Who was it?
Who is it?!
"Think Enid! Think!" I thought to myself before the scream became a cry of pain.
"ENID!"
"Shut up and stay still boy! I'm trying to save your life!" A gruffy male voice replied.
Wait... Boy...
Carl's a boy... Well, more like a stubborn teenager...
I crept through the humid forest until I spotted two people.
A man with a small beard and moustache, and on the ground...
I widened my eyes and covered my mouth with one hand.
I almost screamed.
Carl!
I saw that he has a knife stuck in his shoulder.
That man stabbed Carl's shoulder, and now he's trying to get it out?!
This is so confusing...
I took my knife out of my pocket and ran towards them.
"Leave him alone!" I screamed, narrowing my eyes.
"Hey, hey! Woah! I'm only trying to help him!" The man says, standing up and quickly backing away from Carl.
"Why are you helping him after you stabbed him?" I asked, my voice shaky.
"What are you talking about?! I didn't-" he started, but Carl cuts him off.
"Negan did it... He's the one that stabbed me. Lidya helped him as well." He says before grimacing at the pain in his shoulder.
I went to his side and knelt down. I put my hands on the knife, tugging at it a little.
Carl shuts his eye and grimacing at the pain again.
"I can help him." The man says. "I'm from that place called Hilltop. I'm one of Jesus's men."
I looked up, raising a brow. "You can help him?"
"Yes. Please. Just let me help him." He pleaded.
I stayed quiet as the man walked over and bended down next to Carl. He took the knife in his hand and pulled, Carl screaming in agony.
"Stop! You're hurting him!" I shouted.
"Look. Do you want him to live, or die like this?" He asked me with a frown.
I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Fine..." I muttered.
As the man pulled on the knife, he said that his name is Travis.
"You're Enid, right?" He asked. I nodded. "How did you know?"
"He was screaming your name, over and over again." Travis said, pointing to Carl.
I bite my lip, grabbing Carl's hand. He squeezed it tightly and wouldn't let go.
"Don't worry Carl. I'm not going to leave without you." I mutter softly.