Chapter 7: Welcome to Terminus

"Enid!" I heard Carl shout. "Get back here!"
I kept on running.
And running.
And running...
Until I saw a huge building up ahead.
I ran towards it, hearing Carl shouting my name.
"Enid! Stop!!"
I saw a door open as I slowed down my pace.
Just then, I felt Carl tackle me on the cement ground, my right cheek hitting and scraping the floor, along with my hands, and knees.
I struggled under his weight, but he flipped me on my back and pinned my arms to the ground, his one and only eye filled with anger.
"Let me go Carl!" I shouted, but he shushed me.
"You don't understand. I have to protect you from Terminus. It's dangerous. I've been here, and I told you what they do. Im not going to let anything bad happen to you." He says in a low voice.
I looked out of the corner of my eye, seeing a man.
"Is this boy giving you any trouble?" He asks as Carl got off of me and grabbed his gun from his pocket.
"Don't touch her, or hurt her." He says to the man.
The strange man only chuckles.
"My name is Adam... Are you alright miss?" He asks me as I stand up from the ground. I give him a nod.
"What's your name?"
"Enid." I replied.
Adam nods and smiles. "Well Enid, welcome to Terminus."
"Thank you." I say, looking back at Carl.
Adam walks towards the door and I began to follow him, but Carl grabbed my arm, holding onto it tightly.
"I'm not letting you go in there... Alone." He mutters.
I nod slightly as he loosens his grip and we both walk to the huge building together.
~~~
Why do you think Carl isn't coming back to his dad's group?
Comment!
Vote!