Chapter 35: Resting

Ron let's me go and I stared at Carl, my brows furrowed together. I turned away, seeing Maggie and Glenn walking over to me.
"Hey Enid." Glenn says, looking over at Carl and Jennie...
"Hey..." I muttered, biting my bottom lip. I watched as Ron walks over to Rick and started to talk to him.
"So, Carl and you aren't together, huh?"
I shrugged, holding back some tears. "I guess..."
Glenn nodded as Maggie looks over at Carl and Jennie first, then back to me.
"I know it's hard, but you'll get over it. I promise." Maggie says as she puts a hand on my shoulder.
"What if I can't?"
"You will. Trust me." She mutters as she pulls me in a soft hug.
I gave out a soft sigh as she let's me go, looking towards Rick.
"We're going to keep moving! If it gets dark before we can find a house, then some of us will rest, while the rest of us keep watch." He says, looking at the large group.
Some of them nodded, while the others just looked at each other.
I looked around for Carly and Ivan, but they were nowhere to be seen.
They're probably dead...
I shook my head as Rick began to walk through the forest, the large group following close behind.
Carl and Jennie were slower than the rest, but they were keeping up with them.
I was behind the two, while Glenn and Maggie were with Tara, and Ron was behind Abraham.
~Time Skip~
The hot sun was setting and the air became a bit cooler. I shivered and rubbed my bare arms from the cool wind.
Rick stopped and told everyone to set up camp for the night, and also find some sticks and logs to build a fire.
I saw that Jennie, Ron, Rosita, and Tara were going deeper into the forest to find the sticks and logs.
Carl looks over at me as I rubbed my arms, so I stared at him for a few seconds, then looked down.
"Carl, why don't you and Enid get some large stones to put around the fire." Rick suggested.
I rolled my eyes a little, looking back towards Carl, who nodded. "Yeah... Sure..." He mutters, rubbing the back of his neck.
Letting out a small huff, I made my way  deeper into the woods, Carl following close behind me.
We both gathered some stones in silence...
On the way back, I saw Carl bite his bottom lip softly.
"I'm sorry." He says as we walk.
"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything."
"Yes, I did. I'm sorry for being a jackass to you. I don't know what's gotten into me." He said, his voice low.
I sighed softly, looking over at him. His one eye staring at me.
"I'm really sorry." He repeats, scuffing his heels on the ground.
"It's okay, I guess..." I mutter as we walked into the clearing of our new camp.
~~~
What's going to happen in the next chapter? Comment your answers below!
Don't forget to vote and share this!