Chapter 33: You kissed who?

I stared at Enid, waiting for her to reply.
She breaths in, then out slowly...
"I..." She started, but she turns her head away from me.
I frowned, creasing my brows.
"Tell me. Now." I hissed, yanking her closer to me.
Enid didn't turn her head back, but I could hear her mutter something I couldn't figure out...
"What was that?" I asked as she turns her head back to mine.
"I kissed Ron." She says a little louder.
"You what?!" I nearly screamed out, but she covers my mouth with her hand.
"Shh... You do realize that there are tons of walkers around here, right?" She says in a whisper, her hand still on my mouth.
I grabbed her hand and pulled it off of my mouth, frowning.
"Yeah. I do realize that there are lots of walkers. Hell, there are walkers everywhere! All around us!"
"Keep it down! I don't want to get killed..."
"No, you keep it down! I don't even care if I die! I won't care if Jennie dies! Hell..." I run a hand through my hair. "I wouldn't mind, or care, if you died."
"Why the hell are you acting like this?" Enid asks, her eyes starting to fill with tears.
The next thing I knew, I was slapped on my right cheek. And it hurt...
"You know what Carl? I think you deserve to be with Jennie instead of me. I don't deserve you, and you don't deserve me. If you love Jennie, then go have sex with her. See if I care..." She says, her voice cracking. She was close to crying... "I loved you, and you keep treating me like a fucking piece of trash. Is that what I am to you? A piece of shit? I'm not your slave Carl. You can't treat me like this."
She was close to my face now...
"I think we should just stay as friends..." She mutters, tears sliding down her cheeks.
"But... Enid-" I started, but she cuts me off.
"Don't say anything. You don't have to say anything... I just need a break from everything..."
At that moment, a few walkers came out from the bushes. I pulled out my gun, aimed it towards the one that was closest to us, and shot it.
I grabbed Enid's hand and we both ran through the forest.
"We have to warn the others." I said in a low voice.
Enid nodded as she ran with me, shaking her hand away from mine.
~~~
What's going to happen to Carl and Enid in the next chapter?
Comment!
Vote!