Chapter 59: Face it

When we got back, we immediately went to the house I stayed at and got inside, shutting the door and closing the blinds.
I jumped onto my bed, Carl sitting down next to me. I looked over at him and raised a brow.
He looked at me. "What?" He asked, moving his hair out of his eye.
"You can take it off, if you want." I said, moving a hand towards his bandaged eye.
He turned his head away from me with a sigh. "What if I don't want to?"
"Come on... I've seen it before. Please Carl. I want to see if it's healed." I asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder, but he shakes it off.
"It's not going to heal, and it'll never heal. It's your fucking boyfriend's fault that I'm in this mess! I look useless. I look like a fucking monster Enid... Don't you understand? I'm a fucking monster."
That made me speechless for a moment, then I leaned closer to him, my lips brushing against his cheek.
He turned back to me. "Face it Enid. You don't love the boy I've become... You don't love the boy with the messed up face." He muttered, his brows knitting together.
I shake my head and pressed my lips to his, holding it for a few seconds, then letting go.
"I do love you Carl. I loved you before, and I still love you now."
A small smile forms on his lips as we heard a knock.
We got up from the bed and went to the door. I opened it and my jaw dropped, my eyes widening.
"Mikey?!" We both said at the same time.