Chapter 3: You're not fine

I saw Carl blink his only eye open. His breathing was shaky...
I looked up at Travis, who was frowning.
"This is going to hurt..." He mutters, gripping onto the knife in one hand.
"Do it slowly..." Carl muttered softly.
He yanked the knife, some flesh ripping out of Carl's skin...
Carl screamed in agony again, clutching his shoulder.
"What did I tell you!?" He screamed at Travis, who held the very bloody knife in his hand.
He tosses it aside as I bite my lip.
Carl tried to sit up, but due to his now bleeding shoulder, he fell back on the ground. I stood up and held out a hand towards him. He took it and I pulled him up.
Well, with Travis's help anyway...
I looked at Carl's bleeding shoulder, then back to him with a worried look on my face.
"I'm fine." He mutters, holding onto his shoulder with his right hand.
"No, you're not." I said with a frown.
"Yes, I am Enid. I don't want to argue with you right now."
"Carl... You got stabbed in the shoulder. You're not fine."
"I said I'm fine Enid. Stop telling me that I'm not." He said, narrowing his eye at me.
I furrowed my brows, glaring at him.
"Don't give me that damn look." He mutters.
"You should be more polite to me next time you talk. And watch your damn mouth."
"You should watch yours." He says before gripping onto his shoulder, shutting his eye, and clenching his teeth.
"Rick and the others are waiting for us." I said, looking around and seeing Travis walking away from us.
"Hey! Where are you going?" I called after him.
He looked back. "I have to find Jesus and the others!" And with that, he turned and ran deeper into the forest.
Carl and I were alone.
Again...
"Come on." I said as I started to walk towards the path I came from.
Carl followed, but he was a little slower then me.
I slowed down my pace.
"If you're going to tell me that I'm not fine, forget it. I'm going to die in this messed up world." He mutters.
I huffed softly, brushing my hair out of my eyes.
"Can I see it?" I asked.
"See what?"
"The wound..."
He rolled his eye, shaking his head. "No." He mutters, gripping his left shoulder tighter.
"Please?"
"No." He said coldly.
I frowned as we kept on walking, rolling my eyes. "Why can't I see it? I saw your eye wound. Why can't I see your shoulder wound?"
"Because." Was his only response to my question before picking up his pace. I picked up my pace as well.
~~~
Question time! Yay!
Why is Carl mad at Enid all of a sudden?
Is Carl really fine, or is he lying to Enid, and why?