Chapter 26: What if...

(Enid's POV)
The small group that I was in kept on walking. My feet were aching...
"Can we stop? Please?" I begged. "My feet are killing me."
Glenn looked back and nodded, stopping and going over to Maggie.
I sat down on the ground and leaned against a trunk of a tree, looking up at the sky.
My stomach started to churn, but it eventually calmed down.
I miss Carl...
I miss him so much...
Maggie came over to me with a smile and sat down next to me. "Hey Enid."
I looked over at her, a smile tugging at my lips. "Hey."
"I bet you miss Carl huh?" She asked.
I nodded, my smile slowly dropping. "Yeah..." I muttered, looking back towards the sky. "I miss him very much..."
"I'm sure you do." Maggie says as she puts a hand on my shoulder.
I looked over at her with a small smile.
"Maggie?"
"Hmm?" She humms, looking back towards Glenn first, then back to me.
"I hope Carl's alright."
She smiled at me, rubbing my shoulder. "I'm sure he's alright Enid... Now come on. Let's keep-" She started, but I cut her off with a small frown.
"But what if he's not alright? What if he gets hurt, or killed? I can't live without him Maggie. He's my world. I love him... I just..." Tears started rolling down my cheeks. "I just can't live without him... I don't want to see him hurt, or killed in this messed up world..."
Maggie was quiet for a moment, then she wrapped an arm around me, giving me a hug.
I wrapped my arms around her, my cheeks coated in my tears.
I began to cry.
I muttered Carl's name, over and over again.
God... I miss him so much...
Maggie rubbed my back and told me that it's going to be alright, so I imagined Carl rubbing my back and saying that everything will be alright to me...
I eventually calmed down, suddenly feeling tired. Maggie let's me go and I laid down on her lap, letting her stroke my hair...
I also imagined Carl pushing my hair back and tucking it behind my ear, and smiled a little and closing my eyes.
~~~
Got any requests that you want to happen in the next chapter? Comment!
Don't forget to vote! 😊