Chapter 12: Pregnant?!?

I saw Carl look over at me.
"Do we need to give you some medicine?" He asks, raising a brow.
I shake my head. "I'm fine Carl..."
"No you're not. You're puking like crazy!" He said as he brushes my hair out of my face.
"I said I'm fine." I said as I grabbed his hand, but he shook his head.
"Tell me what's going on. Please. Just tell me. I'll listen to anything you have to say." He replies.
I take a deep breath, then let it out slowly, looking up at him.
"I'm pregnant."

(Carl's POV)
Those two words...
Those two simple words that made my jaw drop, my heart lurch, and my eye wide.
"You're... You're pregnant?!"
Enid nods slightly as I looked around to make sure nobody heard that...
I turned my head back to her.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked in a low voice as I began to walk away from the group.
"I wanted to wait for the right time to tell you." She replies, following behind me.
"Well, this was obviously not the right fucking time to tell me! We almost died back there, and now you're telling me you're pregnant?!"
She was silent for a minute, scuffing her heels on the ground.
I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.
She placed a hand on my shoulder, but I shook it off.
"Carl..." She began, but I cut her off.
"Leave me be Enid... I need some alone time right now..."
I walked deeper into the forest, shaking my head.
"Why didn't she tell me earlier?" I muttered to myself.
I leaned against a tree, not far from where the group was at, and stuck my hands in my pockets.
Just then, I heard a few groans. I saw three walkers in the distance, but I didn't take my gun out.
I watched as the walkers limped closer to me.
"Carl!" I heard Enid's voice shout.
I kept my eye on the three walkers.
"Get away from them!" Enid shouts again.
I stared at the walkers, narrowing my eye slightly.
Then I recognized them.
Ron, Jessie, and Sam.
I saw a blur of brown hair fly past me.
I blinked and saw that Enid had Sam pinned to a tree and stabbed him in his face.

(Enid's POV)
I stabbed Sam, who was a walker, in the face. I shoved Ron, who was also a walker, down on the ground and stepped on his head, crushing it.
I was about to kill Jessie, who was the last one, until I felt Carl grab my arms.
"Carl! Let me go!" I screamed as Jessie limped closer to me.
I felt my heart pounding against my chest.
"Let me go!" I repeated, but he didn't let me go.
I was kicking Jessie away as I was trying to get out of Carl's grasp.
I shut my eyes, waiting for Jessie to rip my flesh, until I felt myself being yanked off.
I fell on the floor and opened my eyes, seeing Rick with a gun in his hand, the gun pointed towards Jessie.
I heard him shoot the gun, and Jessie fell on the ground. He looked back at Carl, who was glaring at him.
"What the hell were you doing?!" Rick shouted towards Carl.
Carl stood up, frowned, glared at Rick again, and turned his head towards me.
His face and eye was the look of anger, and hatred.
I stood up, brushing some dirt off of my clothes.
Rick walked back to the group, but Carl and I didn't.
He was still staring at me, his expression not changing at all.
"What the hell is wrong with you Carl? I could've died." I said, not taking my eyes off of him.
He stared at me for a few more seconds, then he followed the path Rick has taken.
I followed him, of course.
~~~
Thoughts on this chapter?
Why did you think Carl held onto Enid as Jessie, as a walker, tried to get her?
Comment!
Vote!
😀😃😄