Chapter 36: Cold

When we got back, the sticks that Ron, Rosita, Tara, and Jennie found were all in a pile.
Carl and I placed a stone next to each other, but a little bit inward, so that it made a circle of stones.
We grabbed the sticks and placed them in the circle of stones, grabbing some dead leaves and setting them into the pit as well.
Carl walked over to a duffle bag and rummaged through it, until he pulled something out.
A lighter.
He walks back over to the pit and tosses me the lighter. I caught it and bended down, lighting the dried leaves and twigs first.
I sat the lighter down as Carl went back to the bag, looking through it and pulling out a blanket.
He walks over to me as I rub my bare arms, my teeth beginning to chatter.
I felt his foot nudge me, so I looked up, seeing his small smile as he bends down next to me.
"I thought you'd might need this." He mutters as he wraps the blanket around me.
I snuggled up with the blanket, feeling a bit warmer already.
"Thanks..." I say as I stare at the fire.
"You're welcome." He said, wrapping an arm around me, but I shook it off.
"Enid..." He started, but I cut him off.
"We're not together anymore. Remember? Besides.... You like Jennie."
He shakes his head, a frown on his lips. "No, I don't Enid. I love you, an I always will."
"Why did you have sex with her then?" I asked with a sigh escaping my lips.
"She forced me to do it." Was his answer before I turned my head back to the fire.
Silence hung in the air before I spoke up again.
"Do you love me, or Jennie?" I asked, looking back towards him.
"You." Carl said as his face inches closer to mine.
"Are you telling the truth?" I asked
He nodded. "Yeah. I am."
"Prove it then. Prove to me that you really love me."
"And how am I supposed to do that?"
I hugged the blanket tighter around me, biting my lip. "Kiss me. And hold it."
Carl nodded as his head moved closer to mine.
I shut my eyes and pressed my lips against his, feeling him kiss me back.
We held onto the kiss for at least one or two minutes before pulling away.
He wraps his arms around my blanket covered body as I laid my head on his shoulder.
"Do you know when you're going to give birth?" He asked, planting a kiss on my head.
I shrugged. "Probably in a few months..."
"Well, if the baby's a boy or a girl, what should we name it?"
I shrugged again. "I haven't really thought about giving the baby names yet."
More silence hung the air, except for the sound of the fire crackling and popping.
"You should get some rest." Carl mutters in my ear.
I nodded and laid down on his lap, feeling the warmth of the fire on my face, and Carl's hand gently stroking my hair.
I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep...
~~~
Sorry if this is bad. It's very late here and my brain is just... Well... Blegh, right now, so...
What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter?
Comment!
Vote!