Chapter 39: The memories that we have

(Carl's POV)
I stared at Enid's body on the ground, her right temple bleeding.
I looked up and saw Ron running back to the group, while Jennie held the thick stick in her hand. She wasn't going to run, I don't think...
I walked over to Enid and crouched down, lifting her head.
"Carl..." Jennie began to say, but I cut her off.
"Go..."
She walked closer to me, so I lifted my head. "I said go! Leave!" I shouted as my brows knitted together.
She stopped suddenly as if she was a deer stopping at the headlights.
I stared at her for a few seconds, then looked back down at Enid...
She was still breathing!
Thank god...
"She's dead Carl. That bitch is finally-"
"Shut the hell up you fucking whore. She's still alive." I muttered, taking part of my shirt, which was towards the bottom, and ripped it apart, setting the cloth on Enid's temple.
She doesn't move...
She's unconscious.
I looked up towards Jennie, seeing her with crossed arms.
"Carl... When I first met you..." She started, but I wasn't listening to a word she was saying.
I was too focused on Enid.
Her long brown hair was a little messy, but I ran a hand through it, smoothing it out and getting it untangled.
Her eyes were closed, and her lips were parted open a little.
I wanted to kiss her... So bad...
"Carl!" Jennie yelled, stomping a foot on the ground.
I looked back up at her, my eyes narrowed slightly.
"Leave. Now." I muttered, heaving out a sigh.
Jennie rolled her eyes and stomped off to camp.
Rolling my eyes, I take the cloth off of Enid's temple, seeing that it was soaked in blood.
"Enid?" I muttered, shaking her a little.
She still doesn't move...
Maybe Jennie was right... Enid's probably dead...
I felt some tears slide down my cheek as I bended down, kissing her lips.
"Remember when we first met? You barely talked to me." I said with a soft chuckle. "You told me to pull it together. So, I did..."
I chewed on the inside of my cheek.
"Remember when I locked you in the closet? It's because I wanted to keep you safe... I didn't want you hurt." I mutter, kissing her again.
I stood up, picking her up and holding her close to me as I walk back towards camp.
"You're going to be a great mom. I know you will." I say with a small smile.
~~~
Thoughts?
Comment and vote!
What's going to happen to Carl and Enid, OR Jennie and Ron?