Happy song {Oliver}

"You're sure you're going to be fine?"

I took a sip of my shake. I rolled my eyes, trying to be discreet. Austin pointed at me.

"Hey I saw that"

Vic laughed.

"You've only asked him that about 40 times since we've sat down."

Austin gave him a mocking smile. It was Thursday night. We had met for a bite at In and Out burger. Austin was leaving tomorrow. He had been in a better mood all week since I had last seen him. The thought brought a tingle to my finger tips. His knee kept brushing against mine under the table and I could feel my face flush with every pass. Vic made a gagging noise.

"You two are disgusting"

Austin laughed.

"Do you have everything packed?"

He nodded.

"What time does your flight leave?"

I asked softly.

"10. You'll already be in class."

Another nudge with his knee. He looked at Vic.

"Make sure he's in class."

Vic gave him a curt nod.

"And that he's sleeping. You can usually tell because his eyes get darker and he gets bags."

He touched under my eye, his fingers brushing my cheek. My body rippled with a chill he sent me. Vic gave me a smile. I was trying to keep a calm head. I knew that by tomorrow after noon, I'd be harrowed by Matty and Kellin. I tried to keep the pallid green off of my face. I nudged Austin's knee. My throat felt tight, and I felt that hard lump in the base of my neck. I looked down, taking a few breaths. The thought of him leaving scared me more with each tick of the clock. I steadied my nerves, looking back at him. He was smiling at Vic, his eyes crinkling up. I noticed that when his hands were bored they would twist his nose ring. I found it utterly cute the way he fiddled with things. I felt his fingers brush my leg, tap twice on my knee. I put my hand underneath the table and tapped his hand twice more back. He smiled. Vic cleared his throat. 

"I think I need to be heading home. Unlike some of us," 

He looked at Austin.

"We have to go to school tomorrow." 

He laughed. 

"Oh Vic, what would I do without your constant nagging." 

Vic looked at him. 

"You'd probably be dead." 

We laughed. We scooted out of the both and made our way out of the building. Austin looked down at his phone. 

"Wan't to take a little side trip?" 

He looked at me. 

"I don't mind." 

He glanced back at Vic, smiling. Vic yawned covering his mouth.

"Oh I really can't. I need to study for the Bio test tomorrow and I'm really beat." 

I smiled. We piled into the car. We drove down the main highway, the sun starting to set behind the trees, igniting the sky. We pulled up to a retro apartment complex and Vic got out. He gave us a wave and bound up the steps to the first door. Austin pulled away. 

"That place is neat." 

I said, looking back at it in the mirror. 

"Wait until you see the inside. His mom is an artist, and she used to live in the upper East side of New York. She's got the place decked out, better than a studio."