Bones exposed {Austin}

"I'm going to miss you like crazy."

I pulled my mom into a hug. We stood in the overcrowded airport. People pilled all around us, rushing to catch their flights. I was in no rush. I wanted to stay here, just a second longer. It was Friday afternoon, Oliver was in class. I had told him my flight had been cancelled. He sounded let down, deflated. I was going to take him out, do something fun. Surprise him.

"Honey you'd better go, you don't want to miss the plane."

I looked at her sadly. She hadn't cried since breakfast. Her eyes were still red, and her cheeks splotchy. I kissed her cheek, sighing.

"I'll try to fly you out for graduation."

She squeezed my hand.

"I wouldn't want to miss that for the world."

I pulled away from her. I glanced back at her as I went through security. I already started to miss her. Georgia had been there this morning. She gave me fleeting looks, willing me to keep quiet. My lip curled in silent disgust. She was like a bad actor, wearing a face for the masses so no one can glimpse at her fucked up realness. I made my way through the terminal, coming to my gate. My heart beat was picking up, excitement swelling for him. They called for boarding, and I stood up, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Excuse me."

I looked back. There was a dainty girl, her brow furrowed. She was thin, pixie like. She had chin length black hair, and retro bangs. She had wide amber eyes, and a snowy complexion.

"You almost hit me with your bag."

She was stern.

"I'm sorry."

I smiled.

"Well it wasn't very considerate. You should watch where you're slinging that thing."

She had a lilt in her voice.

"Hey where are you from?"

She looked at me.

"I highly doubt where I am from concerns you."

She crossed her arms.

"England? You're from England right?"

"I suppose I am."

I looked at her.

"Are you Hannah? By chance?"

Her eyes widened.

"How did you know that?"

The line moved forward.

"I'm a good friend of Oliver's"

"Oh"

"Why are you flying to Oregon?"

She cleared her throat.

"Just to pass through"

She sounded sad.

"Is he ok?"

I was close to the attendant.

"I suppose he is."

I handed her my boarding pass.

"He told me what happened."

"And I heard what you had to say."

I walked past the desk. I looked over my shoulder.

"Have a good flight Hannah"

I smiled and turned back around.