Doomed {Oliver}

A sob wracked my body, cracking my bones. My pillow was damp, eyes raw. He slipped through my fingers like sand, scattering into trillions of pieces. I had clung too tightly to him, and now I was floating, never again to touch the ground. He needed space. Time. He had been over encumbered by my many pitfalls. He had just undone every fiber of myself. Their was sadness in his eyes, I could feel how much he had wanted to reach out and touch me. He was right. I hadn't been ready. I was too greedy with what little I had. This couldn't be the end, he wouldn't let it be. He promised that we would be friends, that we would never let that change. But it had changed, I felt a rip in my heart, from where he had plunged his knife. I could taste him on my lips and feel him in my finger tips. I could never forget him in that glorious way. Tears rained down my face, my heart shrinking, shriveling up. I knew from the day I met him he would bring me down. But he had thrown me down, down, down, crash landing on concrete, bones splintered and body mangled. He was fine while I was shattered. A sort of fucked up reality where the hardest thing he had to do was save me from myself. I wanted to call him but I knew he'd ignore it. I wanted comfort, I needed it. And I knew where to find it. I dialed and held my phone up to my ear. I got an answer on the fourth ring.

"Hello?"

Whispered a drowsy voice.

"Kellin."

"Oliver?"

He was more alert.

"Can I come over."

~

30 minuets later I was standing, shivering, on Kellin's porch. He quietly opened the door and smuggled me in, shooing me down the basement steps. He took one look at me and sighed.

"You look fucked up."

I gave him a forced smile.

"Just as fucked up as ever."

My eyes were blood red, my nose too. I held up my hands in defeat.

"What happened?"

"Fucking Austin."

He went to his bed, patting next to him. I laid down, pulling the covers up around me.

"He broke up with me."

Kellin's eyes widened. 

"You were dating?"

"No"

I whispered.

"He said we'd be better if we were friends."

Kellin nodded.

"Oh. I see."

We sat there in silence.

"Oli, why of all people did you come to me?"

I looked at him.

"Who exactly do I have to turn to?"

He smirked.

"Well good point."

He pulled a pillow off the bed and started for his door.

"Wait, Kellin."

He looked back at me.

"Would you, stay with me."

He smiled at me, softness reaching his eyes.

"Yeah."

He climbed in next to me. I curled up against him, laying my head on his chest. I fell asleep, ease in my heart and Austin on my mind.