It never ends {Oliver}

Falling, down, down into the dark. Body hitting the ground like a bullet from a barrel of a gun. Limbs and torso and head all meeting the cruel cold concrete. I rolled over groaning, my blood tearing through my body like poison. I climbed to my knees, every fiber screaming at me to stay down, yet something was telling me to move forward. I dragged my pain riddled body down a hall. As I limped along the walls slowly encroached on me, squeezing me in. I turned and pressed my back into the wall. At the end of the narrow passage was a room. A bare room, with dark wood floors and mucked white walls. It was bright in the room, almost enough to hurt my eyes. I stumbled forward and touched my hand to the wall. And just like that, it went black and I was falling again.

I landed in the same spot, with the same pain. I walked through the same passage and ended up in the same room. Yet someone else was in there with me. He was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. His skin was pale and dull, dark maroon circles underneath his lackluster brown eyes. His hands were folded, shaking. He looked up at me and stood. I cocked my head to the side, and he did too. I arched a brow and he mimicked. His mouth formed words and I jumped back in surprise. He had my voice.

"Wake up Oliver"

He was me.

"Wake up."

He was not me.

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP"

~

"OLI, WAKE UP!" My mom shouted as my eyes snapped open. I sat up in my bed, suddenly hot as hell. I stripped off my hoodie and noticed it was drenched. My mother's caring hands cradled my face, and her comforting warm eyes looked into mine.

"What happened?"

I mumbled. She pulled my head into her chest and sighed.

"A nightmare."

She whispered.

"Oli I thought these were over?"

I hugged my mom.

"I did too"

She let go of me and studied me again.

"You probably have a fever as well."

A blanket of nausea settled over me and my stomach churned like a boat on stormy waters. I leaned over the side of my bed and vomited. After my stomach stopped lurching, I looked at my mom.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

She leaned and brushed the hair away from my face and kissed my forehead.

"Go back to sleep love"

She whispered in her motherly way. She walked out my door to retrieve a towel and I stripped my sweatpants. I lay back into the pillows and stared at my ceiling for the rest of the night.