The fox and the hound {Oliver}

"You made me soup?"

I smiled at Austin.

"I made you soup."

My voice was soft. He laid in his cavern of pillows, dressed in a navy hoodie and black nike sweatpants. He looked even more pale now, surrounded by the softness of his bedding. I sat the warm tupperware on his bedside table and crawled in beside him. He shivered but he radiated warmth. I pulled his blankets over him. I laid my hand on his tattooed stomach, fingers gently tracing shapes into his skin.

"You're here early, how come?"

I looked up at him.

"Josh wasn't in. Nothing for me to do."

His dark eyes studied me.

"Do you like it there?"

I nodded.

"They're nice."

My mind flickered to the wad of 100s tucked away in the glovebox. His fingers ran along my chin, softly caressing.

"You're too good to me."

I tilted my face towards him.

"I don't want to get you sick."

"I don't care, give me a kiss."

It was a soft lingering peck, a tingle on my lips.

"You should eat."

I whispered, nudging his side. I stood, handing him his bowl. I smiled at him. While he ate I gathered his clothes from his floor. I stepped from his room and hurried down the stairs. Set off from the kitchen was the laundry room. I stepped in, depositing his dirty clothes into the hamper. I heard someone bustle about in the kitchen. I peered around the door to see Heather. She locked eyes with me.

"Oliver."

She was cool toned.

"Heather."

I gave her a nod. She seemed more slim, more tan. She caught my eyes. She pushed her chest towards me, her eyes going sultry. I withheld my snort.

"Did you need something?"

She purred.

"I was just picking up for Austin."

Her look wavered.

"How sweet of you."

I walked to the fridge, pulling open the door. I grabbed a chilled gatorade. She was inching closer to me. I slammed the door shut and spun on my heel.

"I need to get back to Austin."

I said, hurrying away from the kitchen. I bound up the stairs into his room. He was curled up, watching TV. I set the gatorade on his bed table and he looked up at me.

"So good."

I smiled at him. He pulled back the blanket, patting the space beside him. I slipped in, his arms coming around my waist. His lips pressed onto the back of my neck, his face nuzzling into my shoulder. I molded against him, our bodies tangled into each other.