Blacklist {Oliver}

Austin had left. I sat in biology, the seat next to me empty. Vic had been following me around this morning, Mike and Tony on his heels. Austin had texted me to let me know that he had landed, and to tell me to have fun while he was gone. A feeling of dread was creeping through me. Kellin and Matty would be waiting for me to be alone today, to sink in their mischief. When the bell rang, I hurried out of the room. I looked back to see Vic bob in and out of the crowd. I opened the door to the art lab and shuffled myself inside. Matty was sitting at the table, his eyes on me. I gulped. I sat down, trying to edge away from him. He scooted his chair closer to me.

"Where you going?"

He whispered. I was against the wall, no where to run. He leaned in.

"You know that you promised to help Kellin and I out."

I nodded.

"Well it's time that you fulfill your promise."

I looked at him.

"We need you to break into Austin's house."

My eyes went wide.

"What? Why the hell?"

"I'm not telling you why, you just need to do it."

I sighed.

"What am I even supposed to get?"

Matty smiled.

"In his dad's office is a safe. He never keeps it locked, just well hidden. We need what's inside."

I looked at him.

"Like Money."

He smiled, but it never reached his eyes.

"Yeah. Money."

I sat there quiet.

"When?"

"Whenever you want. As long as its after midnight. How about tonight?"

My eyes went wide.

"What if I get caught?"

I said quietly.

"Not my problem"

He shoved his chair back to his spot. My breath felt shallow. I shot up from my chair, bolting from the room. I dialed my phone quickly, chest heaving. 

"Oli? Aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"Austin."

I said.

"Are you ok?"

His voice grew concerned. I steadied my breathing.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm ok"

"Was it them?"

"No. I'm sorry I just. I don't know. Are you having fun?"

"Yeah I am. It's gorgeous down here."

I smiled.

"Well I'll let you get back to having fun."

"Promise you're ok?"

"Promise"

I hung up the phone. Panic was still flooding in me. I put my hands to my head, holding in my thoughts like I was about to crack open. I felt like things were about to get bad.

~

Vic was waiting for me. He looked at me.

"What's wrong?"

I laughed nervously.

"Totally."

He crossed his arms.

"It's nothing I'm just kind of tired."

"Austin said you called him. Said you sounded pretty wound up"

"I'm ok."

Tony was waiting for us in the parking lot. He was standing there looking bored. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it, taking a few shaky drags. Tony wrinkled his nose.

"Ew. Those smell disgusting."

I looked at him.

"You're just a pussy."

He and Vic laughed. We climbed in and Tony drove. He dropped me off in from of my house. I opened the door and the house was quiet.

"Hello?"

I walked through the living room. My moms planner was spread open on the table, a news paper folded up in the arm chair. I looked into the kitchen. An empty bottle of wine was on the table.

"Mum?"

I walked up the stairs. Their bedroom door was shut. I opened it, peering in. The bed was made. I closed the door. I walked into my room and shut the door quietly. I set my bag down and walked over to my closet. With shaky hands I pulled out a black shirt. I wanted to drop the shirt and curl up under my covers, wait this night out.  I stood there frozen. My fingers sizzled and I could almost feel Austin's hand in my own. I pulled off my shirt and slipped the other over my head. I looked at my
phone.

4:13 p.m.

I blew out a breath.