What you need {Oliver}

I still felt quite a bit of resentment at Austin. I knew that in his pretty little head there was clout. About what I couldn't quite elude. He had thrown himself into me, submerging under my surface. He sent me home on Christmas well spent and tired, dark purple hickeys covering my collar bones. He was disconnected from me, holding me like I was made of glass. It made me grow more angry. His kisses were gentle, fingers barely brushing my skin. I wanted his roughness. I saw for once in his eyes a weariness to me. Almost like he was scared. As each month passed, his feelings fluctuated. He was on a roller coaster nearing it's peak. He had seen me this morning, greeting me with a kiss. He didn't say much. Only dropped off another bout of expensive clothes for my interview this morning. I thanked him and we embraced. It was different. He clung to me for what felt like hours. He was afraid, I could feel it in his touch. In a span of five months he had become fully enveloped in my presence. He was ever present in my, catching the pieces before they fell, shattering to the Earth. I was grateful for him. For his gifts and attention. For his love. I felt the blush come over my cheeks. I twisted my watch nervously around my wrist. I felt that I was underdressed for this office. It was all limestone and gold. Money made this place. Two women sat behind a sleek Limestone desk, Gold stamped nameplates were poised on the counters. I could hear the clicking of heels on the tiles floors, saw a woman coming towards me. She had tortoise shell glasses, and long dark hair that spilled over her shoulder in stunning waves. She smiled at me, teeth white and lips a dusty rose.

"Are you Oliver?"

She had a lilt in her voice. I nodded.

"Mr. Dun will see you now."

I stood, pressing my hands against my slacks, calming myself. We walked down a long corridor, lights shining off of golden doorknobs. She led me to two heavy glass doors. She held one open for me and I slid inside, my heart racing. She scampered past me, saying hello to a woman sitting at another impressively large desk. We came to the door of his office. She turned to me and smoothed down my collar.

"Impeccable taste. He will appreciate that."

I gave her a wavering smile. She opened the door and exposed the expansive room to me. Lush white carpet, expensive leather. Steel and shine. He stood with his back to us, facing out large windows, the Seattle sky pouring down silver rain.

"Mr. Dun. Oliver is here."

He glanced around his shoulder and smiled.

"Thank you Talia."

She excused herself from the room, and we were left alone. There was a moment of terse silence, the rain pattering on the glass.

"Oliver. Sit. Please."

I made my way to his desk, sinking into a rich black leather arm chair. His desk was very tidy. A set of kinetic balls sat on one side, an IMac in the center. My eyes flicked to him. He was short, but he was muscular. He work dark grey suit pants and a white collared shirt. The sleeves were rolled to his elbows and his posture was cool. He turned to me and looked. He had dark eyes and a handsome, rigid face. He seemed very cold. He came to his desk, sitting in his chair. He leaned back and sighed, a smile playing his lips.

"How are you this morning?"

"Good."

My voice was laden with nerves. His smile widened.

"No need to be nervous."

He peered at me, his eyes running over me. It was almost as if he were undressing me. The blush pooled over my face. His face beamed in delight.

"I bet you're wondering why I've called upon you?"

I nodded.

"I think you'll be a good asset to my team. I've heard several of my partners toss your name around. They say you're pretty good with money. And art."

The blush deepened. I felt his eyes roam, gaze over me for a long while.

"I don't know about money but I do like to draw."

"I think everyone is good with money. I heard from the school that you're vying for a scholarship from Oregon University. School of Finance."

I nodded my head.

"Well, my company does offer extensive scholarship opportunities. Especially to internees. Why did you choose Oregon?"

"It's close. My family and I have only been here for about 5 months. I wouldn't feel right leaving my parents alone in this foreign place."

He leaned forward, his elbows on his desk. His eyes still greedily took me in. He had tattoos covering his forearm.

"Where are you from?"

"Sheffield."

"I love England. Especially this time of year."

There was a knock on the door. A tall man peered around the door. He had a striking olive face and dark hair.

"Thom, come in."

He approached us, sliding into the chair next to me.

"Oliver, this is my financial head Thomas Serrioz."

Thom turned to me, extending his hand. We shook, his black eyes narrowing at me. He withdrew a thick manilla folder from his bag and slid it across Josh's desk. He snatched it up quickly and they met eyes, sharing a secret look.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a meeting with the boards that I need to attend."

Thom stood, glancing at Josh again. He said his goodbyes and Josh turned his gaze back on me.

"If we were to take you on, when would you like to start?"

"I assume as soon as possible."

He clicked around on his computer, typing in something.

"How about Monday?"

He peeked at me from the monitor.

"That will work fine."

He smiled.

"Perfect."

He stood from his desk, extending his hand. I took it and he gave me a firm shake.

"I'll see you Monday."

"Monday."

I offered him a smile.

"Oh and Oliver?"

I looked at him expectantly.

"I like your watch."