7- Can You Do It Again?

I WALK AS fast as I can through the dorm, eager to get to my bunk at the end of the room. Nicky's words echo through my head and build up my confidence as I reach Tricia and I's bunk.

Tricia sits up when she sees me, and her withdrawal symptoms are more evident to me. She's paler than when I first met her, she looks like she hasn't sleep in days and her face is sweaty.

She watches me rush towards her, looking confused. "Evie, hey-"

I cut her off when I crash my lips onto hers. I can feel the wetness of her face and her lips are chapped and dry but they still send butterflies through my body.

She gently falls back onto her pillow as I climb over her, my hands cupping the sides of her face as my bottom lip fits under her top lip.

I break the kiss just as Tricia goes in for more. I'm panting, but not from the kiss and more from the fact that I'm physically unfit and I speed walked all the way here.

I hear the other inmates whistle and snicker and my face turns red. I completely forgot there were others in here. I also feel bad for embarrassing Tricia too.

I back up from Tricia and turn around. Morello and Nicky watch from their bunk across from us. Morello leans against the short wall with her red lips outstretched in a gigantic smile, but Nicky doesn't look as happy. In fact, she almost looks disappointed in me. Did I do something wrong?

Nicky turns around and walks over to her bed. I watch in confusion as she gets comfortable and pulls out her small radio the size of a phone and earphones as she avoids eye contact with me the whole time.

I turn around to face Tricia. She looks shocked, as she sits there frozen and her fingers on her lips.

"Sorry." I whisper. Tricia snaps out of it and looks up at me.

"No, no. Don't be sorry at all. I just wasn't expecting that, you know?" Tricia says and I sit down next to her on her bed.

I play with my fingers nervously. I can't stop thinking of Nicky who is just a few feet away from me, irritated at me for some odd reason. All I did was do as she said. I was showing Tricia that I cared about her, and I would have never done this if it wasn't for her.

"Can you do it again?" I look up at Tricia who smiles sheepishly.

I giggle as I lean towards her and kiss her again.

I jump away from her in shock when I hear the exit door slam shut with full force. I look over just in time to see that infamous blonde hair descend down the hallway. I glance at Morello who shrugs at me. I look back at Tricia who bites her bottom lip and genuinely looks concerned.

What is happening right now? I feel overwhelmed, like somethings going on and I'm the only person who doesn't know about it. I want to yell at everyone to tell me what the problem is exactly.

"Inmate Evie Connor, please report to the visitation room, you have a visitor." The voice over the speaker says over the room.

I sit up straight like a cat who has heard a strange sound in the middle of the night. Oh God, Millie. I'm not ready. Not right now. But I should be excited. I mean, I'm happy she's here but I wish it was at this exact moment.

"I'll walk you over there." Tricia tells me as she reaches for my hand. I flinch as I was just lost in my thoughts.

"Okay, thanks." We get up together and walk towards the exit. The female CO in the booth gives us a nod, allowing us to leave.