46- Eviera,

IT TURNS OUT it wasn't just my imagination, and only a few hours later did the prison find out that we had quite a big bed bug infestation- and it wasn't from me.

It turns out another girl had the same problem as me, but worse, and reported it to a CO. Now the prison was stripped bare and so were we.

"Are you sure you don't want mine?" Nicky asks, referring to the blue paper-like scrubs they provided us, but not for enough of us. I was one of the last inmates to get there on time to grab one, so now I was left in only a white bra that gave me no cleavage whatsoever and high waisted, saggy underwear.

"No, it's fine." I told her, pulling the blanket under my chin.

Nicky leans towards me and kisses my shoulder. "I just don't want anyone seeing you like this." She whispers, her hand resting on my bare thigh.

"Oh, so that's why?" I smirk.

"Because I can't help but notice you look really hot right now, even in those." She kisses my jaw and I scoff.

"Yeah right." I feel less than hot. I feel like I'm wearing a diaper.

"And it's easier for me to do this..." I watch her duck under the blanket but before she can even reach me, Snow wanders over to our bunk and I instinctively draw my knees up, hitting Nicky in the face. I gasp, throwing the blanket off and grab Nicky, cupping her face while apologizing immensely.

Snow seems amused by the sight before he clears his throat.

"Uh, Evie, Caputo wants to see you." He says and I feel chills down my spine.

I unleash myself from under the blanket and wander over to him, adjusting my underwear and wrapping my arms around my stomach. I mouth "sorry" to Nicky but she smiles, her hand still against her forehead.

"Do you know what this is about?" I ask as we walk side by side down the halls.

"Not sure, I don't really get to find these things out."

The last time I walked through Caputo's door I was intoxicated and lost. I can't believe he never noticed, I mean was it really normal for an inmate who had been there for several months to suddenly forget the way to the cafeteria, somewhere they go three times a day everyday? I guess he had just been occupied by other things that day.

Caputo is staring down at what appears to be a letter upon my entrance, and his eyes look up at me from above his glasses. I step ahead of Snow and take a seat in front of him, the only thing between us being a desk. I smile respectively, but inside my heart is thumping with anxiety.

"Is everything okay?" I hesitantly ask after a hauntingly long silence.

He leans back, sighing heavily as if he is unable to put together words. My eyes glance out the window behind Caputo.

"Your mother-"

My chest tightens with hate.

"Jocelyn." I correct, throwing my respect right out the window.

Caputo runs his hand down his face as if whatever he wants to tell me is effecting him as well.

He uses his hand when he talks, waving it in the air. "I know you and your- Jocelyn, didn't have the best relationship but I think this is important for you to read and take in." He slides the letter over to me.